Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

He is a better a kicker than Krul, I'll give him that.

He's still absolutely terrible at it though

Aye, compared with most other keepers I'd usually say the improvement in his kicking was a complete myth but Krul would genuinely hoof the ball out of play 4-5 times a game.

Elliot has been excellent this season, mediocre ffs.

I'm not saying I like him, nor am I saying he's a great keeper but this season he's been superb and far out performed expectations. He will be a huge miss. One save might be the difference for us, in the same way that one goal might be. It shouldn't be this way but that's where we find ourselves.

From what I've seen, he's a better keeper than Krul, who can barely kick a ball.

Just wow.

Will be Nev Southall by the time September/October rolls around.

Or worse.

http://cbsnews1.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2014/05/31/294be302-a4a5-4b2f-a665-19ed2ec71ac4/resize/620x465/2e1b8215a7313f545ccfe531c9746737/mike-myers-fat-bastard-austin-powers-goldmember.jpg

Elliot has been excellent this season, mediocre ffs.

I'm not saying I like him, nor am I saying he's a great keeper but this season he's been superb and far out performed expectations. He will be a huge miss. One save might be the difference for us, in the same way that one goal might be. It shouldn't be this way but that's where we find ourselves.

From what I've seen, he's a better keeper than Krul, who can barely kick a ball.

'Excellent' and 'superb'. :lol: :lol:

Any chance we can get someone in on an emergency loan?

Doubt it. We have Darlow, and then Woodman from the Academy.

Last time this happened, was when we had Jak Alnwick in goal with Woodman as back-up, and weren't allowed an emergency then.

I'm guessing you have to be down to one available keeper before you're allowed an emergency loan.

HA typical, another stupid tight arse decision backfires on the club again. As soon as Krul was crocked, they should have put the feelers out for a loan keeper in January.

When will they learn.