Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

:lol:  Didn't even know he qualified for them.

neither did I til last year but he did play for the u19's for us so there you go its not exactly obscure plucked from nowhere. He's not a bad keeper anyway and our selection of goalkeepers isn't exactly great anymore

:lol:  Didn't even know he qualified for them.

neither did I til last year but he did play for the u19's for us so there you go its not exactly obscure plucked from nowhere. He's not a bad keeper anyway and our selection of goalkeepers isn't exactly great anymore

Congratulations Rob.

It's a bit like Harper, in his prime he'd have made the present England squad-

• 5 months later...

Elliot:

"Not too much satisfactionc os you're here to win, I can only do my job, today it didn't quite come off. Floodgates opened at half-time.

"Soton have a high tempo, high pressure - loads of energy and they caught us int he first half. When we went for the goal in the second half they had us.

"Our energy levels were down a little bit, we had the extra game, it's not easy. We'll give 100% against Manu. We'll make sure we put it right in front of our own fans against Manu.

"Yes we owe them, you don't go out there to not give 100%. We have to hold our hands up and apologies to the fans, it wasn't good enough. If we can make it right against Manu we can get some pride back among the fans.

"Haven't played for a while, I just wanted to come in and make saves, distribute the ball. That's all you can do sometimes as a keeper and take it from there. Few saves I'll look on and be proud of but atm I'm upset about the result.

"I don't just wanna patch up the team then go back out. I wanna be in the team, I wanna do well and I have my own aspirations. 4-0 doesn't really help my cause. But just to get back to winning ways against Manu."

Elliot:

"Not too much satisfactionc os you're here to win, I can only do my job, today it didn't quite come off. Floodgates opened at half-time.

"Soton have a high tempo, high pressure - loads of energy and they caught us int he first half. When we went for the goal in the second half they had us.

"Our energy levels were down a little bit, we had the extra game, it's not easy. We'll give 100% against Manu. We'll make sure we put it right in front of our own fans against Manu.

"Yes we owe them, you don't go out there to not give 100%. We have to hold our hands up and apologies to the fans, it wasn't good enough. If we can make it right against Manu we can get some pride back among the fans.

"Haven't played for a while, I just wanted to come in and make saves, distribute the ball. That's all you can do sometimes as a keeper and take it from there. Few saves I'll look on and be proud of but atm I'm upset about the result.

"I don't just wanna patch up the team then go back out. I wanna be in the team, I wanna do well and I have my own aspirations. 4-0 doesn't really help my cause. But just to get back to winning ways against Manu."

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwsm75fGTC1r2mc4o.gif

Guest neesy111

Hang on, he made 2 great saves. Doesn't mean it was a fantastic performance by any stretch of the imagination.

1st half was fantastic.  Though he was crap 2nd half.

Elliot:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwsm75fGTC1r2mc4o.gif

:lol:

Hang on, he made 2 great saves. Doesn't mean it was a fantastic performance by any stretch of the imagination.

Nope but some of the comments in the Krul thread after it was confirmed he was injured are cringeworthy as fuck.

He's 2nd choice for a reason, he will always look a little rusty starting so few first team games but as always some will go way over the top about his ability or lack of. He is an adequate back up keeper.

Elliot:

manure game will be another turgid performance

No coincidence that both Pardew and Elliot mentioned the energy thing. It's been evident for years that he peddles the excuses in the dressing room, and they believe him.

They're all on his side, man. Every one of them.

He lets them cut corners and they love him for it. Cowards.

No coincidence that both Pardew and Elliot mentioned the energy thing. It's been evident for years that he peddles the excuses in the dressing room, and they believe him.

They're all on his side, man. Every one of them.

He lets them cut corners and they love him for it. Cowards.

Aye. Days like today you can see they don't go through the hard yards in training. Lazy pricks.

Cunt's played 2 games all year :lol: I know he meant his team-mates - but Lallana has played more games than any of our lads and absolutely gubbed us. It's such a crap excuse to use and I hate Pardew for drilling it into our players heads.