Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Guest Roger Kint

It's great we might actually be signing someone, but if this is the left back, I'm a bit concerned he is right footed.

Aye if he is owt like that Lahm bloke he will really struggle.......

Seems to have played a lot of games at left back and for a team as big as Inter Milan, not normally keen on full backs playing on the opposite side pretty sure there shouldn't be too much trouble with this lad.

From youtube (yeah, I know), it doesn't seem to affect his ability to get forward and do something.

Santon will be the new left back, I see no reason why Simpson's place will be under threat. Taylor will probably go to right wing, to begin with at least.

He wont be, but should be out of the team to Taylor. They're equally as bad defenders, but at least Taylor offers us a goal threat.

Having Jonas in front of Santon on the left allows him Santon to push forward more too, as Jonas is better at tracking back to help out than anyone we have playing on the right.

Excellent signing, imo. I still cant be feel its a crying shame Enrique's gone- a back line of:

Santon----Coloccini----Taylor----Enrique

Would be absolutely excellent.

But moving on I'm thrilled he's signing!  :celb:

Guest dazzanufc1892

really has the potential to be a world beater, lets hope he progresses. Good piece of business again by the club.

He's not right footed man...he's primarily right sided, but he's decent with his left too.

Lets put it one way, having a player who has played LB for Inter against Man U in the CL is better than sticking Raylor/Fergie there.

Thats if he signs anyhow...

Really don't like the idea of two right footed players on the left but beggars can't be choosers. Hopefully Marveaux is up to it.

I think you are over egging this a little, I don't see much difference between one player on the opposite side and two, although they will link up at times they essentially do different jobs so I can't see it being a major problem.

Both players have played a lot of their careers on that side so it's not as if we are chucking them both into the unknown.