Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Ridiculous as it sounds, i'm actually relieved it's an injury - providing it's not serious of course.

If it had been tactical i would've questioned our manager's sanity.

Agree, was fuming when i saw he went off. Hope the lad is ok, very good player.

have people on here been thinking and saying Santon for Raylor was tactical?  As soon as Raylor came out at halt time to warm up and was coming one of the fullbacks it was obvious it was an injury,  there was no need to make a change at full back for any other reason than an injury had been picked up,  my fear was that he was coming on to play in midfield.

have people on here been thinking and saying Santon for Raylor was tactical?  As soon as Raylor came out at halt time to warm up and was coming one of the fullbacks it was obvious it was an injury,  there was no need to make a change at full back for any other reason than an injury had been picked up,  my fear was that he was coming on to play in midfield.

I knew it was either an injury or tactical and I didn't see him struggling during the first half so I admit that I thought it was probably Santon getting blamed for the goals.

Guest palnese

No way this lad is a left back. He's probably the most one footed player we have atm. I'd rather play Simpson on the left and move Santon to the right, as silly as that sounds.

Well, this is the same man who took Ben Arfa off for Shola Ameobi at half time for no apparent reason.

I knew it was either an injury or tactical and I didn't see him struggling during the first half so I admit that I thought it was probably Santon getting blamed for the goals.

what else is there? :lol:

Well, this is the same man who took Ben Arfa off for Shola Ameobi at half time for no apparent reason.

When did that happen?

No way this lad is a left back. He's probably the most one footed player we have atm. I'd rather play Simpson on the left and move Santon to the right, as silly as that sounds.

Thought the exact same yesterday as Simpson is never in his career going to be any attacking threat.

When did that happen?

Not sure it was for no apparent reason, but Chelsea.

Hope Santon is fit to play on Boxing Day, looked really dangerous going forward, didn't seem keen to punt it 70 yards all the time and has some nice skills.  Fucks me off how often he was getting ignored on the overlap, he had so much space it was unreal.  Was the same against Swansea.

Has similar frailties to Raylor defensively, but he's far quicker, taller, stronger and he's actually a defender by trade at least.  Positionally he's a bit suspect, but he is only 20 and new to the country.

NEWCASTLE United are sweating on the extent of the injury suffered by Davide Santon at St James’s Park.

The defender didn’t appear for the second half of last night’s 3-2 defeat to West Bromwich Albion after suffering a knee problem.

And boss Alan Pardew admits the injury – which was today being assessed by the club’s medical team – is a concern, after Santon was sidelined shortly after joining from Inter Milan in the summer with a knee problem.

“We’re not sure about Davide,” Pardew told the Gazette. “But he’d just got into the team and got settled, and it’s disappointing.”

http://m.shieldsgazette.com/sport/sport-columnists/black-white/newcastle_sweat_on_santon_injury_1_4085245#.TvM0LeR5tgI.twitter

Great  :sad: