Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is hopeful defender Davide Santon will be available for Friday's trip to Liverpool.

The full-back missed the win over Bolton after he was forced from the pitch in the previous game against West Brom with a swollen knee.

There were fears the injury might be serious as he was afflicted with knee injuries during his time at Inter Milan, and had fluid drained from his knee when he arrived at St James' Park.

However, scans have revealed there is no serious damage to the Italy international, much to the delight of Pardew.

"Santon's knee wasn't as bad we as thought," Pardew told the Gazette. "I left him out (against Bolton), but I think he'll be back for Liverpool."

Cue Santon playing again in 3 weeks.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is hopeful defender Davide Santon will be available for Friday's trip to Liverpool.

The full-back missed the win over Bolton after he was forced from the pitch in the previous game against West Brom with a swollen knee.

There were fears the injury might be serious as he was afflicted with knee injuries during his time at Inter Milan, and had fluid drained from his knee when he arrived at St James' Park.

However, scans have revealed there is no serious damage to the Italy international, much to the delight of Pardew.

"Santon's knee wasn't as bad we as thought," Pardew told the Gazette. "I left him out (against Bolton), but I think he'll be back for Liverpool."

Good news. Hope the lad starts (it's going to be Raylor isn't it? :undecided:)

Meanwhile, Pardew confirmed that both Ba and Davide Santon will be fit and available for the trip to Liverpool tomorrow.

Brilliant news! Thought Ryan Taylor played alright v.s Bolton but Santon really should start especially if Maxi will be playing on the right.

Guest bimpy474

Meanwhile, Pardew confirmed that both Ba and Davide Santon will be fit and available for the trip to Liverpool tomorrow.

Brilliant news! Thought Ryan Taylor played alright v.s Bolton but Santon really should start especially if Maxi will be playing on the right.

Used Downing on the right and Maxi left last game.

/evades the obvious route

No real reason to drop Simpson, he's far better defensively than Taylor, and tbh could very well be better than Santon too who we've seen very little of (and certainly not against any genuine threat).

Has Taylor ever looked comfortable against a decent winger?

/evades the obvious route

No real reason to drop Simpson, he's far better defensively than Taylor, and tbh could very well be better than Santon too who we've seen very little of (and certainly not against any genuine threat).

Has Taylor ever looked comfortable against a decent winger?

You initiated the argument without providing an explanation, not me.

Anyhow, bold part two: Has Simpson?

I don't think he's 'far better defensively than Simpson', either. He had some stinkers against the big guns and was rightly dropped, but Simpson hasn't covered himself in glory all season. And when you consider the latter offers absolutely fuck all going forward, Taylor should play imo.

Santon and Raylor are our best right-back and left-back, so that's why i would play them.