Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Great performance from the lad tonight. Made some positive forward runs tonight and worked well with Jonas I thought. An actual fullback who loves his forward runs :smug:

Can only get better like.

Thought he was caught out of position a couple of times first-half (when they hit the post and there was an occasion where I think Nani threaded through for Valencia on the overlap and he was flatfooted). Other than that though, superb. And I'm sure with games and experience that side of things will improve too.

He's a class player and I would give him a lot of credit for the way we played as early on he was the one that stood out and really got going, I have no idea how Ryan Taylor has kept him out of hte team.

I love the fact he actually wants the ball and looks so comfortable carrying it.

That's how I feel about Obertan. Seems most other people see him in a different way.

I love the fact he actually wants the ball and looks so comfortable carrying it.

That's how I feel about Obertan. Seems most other people see him in a different way.

Still though, all Santon's done is run up the wing a few times eh? It's not as if he was very obviously our best full back after one premier league game is it?

Fantastic last night, very rarely wastes the ball, sign of a good player in any position. Seems to be pretty good in the air as well which is a bonus.

Still though, all Santon's done is run up the wing a few times eh? It's not as if he was very obviously our best full back after one premier league game is it?

Aye it's early days, but the difference down the flank from against Liverpool was remarkable, lets hope he can do that every game

Aye it's early days, but the difference down the flank from against Liverpool was remarkable, lets hope he can do that every game

the above quote is not my opinion