Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Guest Howaythetoon

Never a left-back but I like the look of him and it says a lot about his ability on the ball that even at left-back he still looked quite comfortable. Love how willing he is to get forward.

Looks good enough left back to me like, although much better than Simpson could  dream of being from what I Have seen so far, comfortable on ball, pace, good anticipation, seems to read the game well and very composed. Not bad for 5 million

Bloke sitting near me was constantly shouting at him to use his left foot and shouting at Pardew for not buying a left back with a left foot. If I was closer to him I'd tell him about the likes of Lahm and Zanetti

Bloke sitting near me was constantly shouting at him to use his left foot and shouting at Pardew for not buying a left back with a left foot. If I was closer to him I'd tell him about the likes of Lahm and Zanetti

Exactly, caused massive issues for Blackburn everytime he was on ball, cut inside few times also.

He'd have hated Paolo Maldini then.