Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

This kid is amazing, he can both attack and defend and some of his runs down the left are amazing.

Opposition right back must surely shit themselves with the thought of both Jonas and Santon as their ability on the ball is fantastic.

Very good, but shame he has to keep cutting onto his right foot. Killed some promising moves that after some initial good work.

Yep. His one weakness is the opposition defender knows where he's going 9 times out of 10 but even that's not enough to stop him necessarily, as was shown today when he cut inside on a few occasions. He was your best player today.

Chase: I wouldn't say Jonas' ability on the ball is fantastic. He's a very agile, athletic player who causes trouble for the opposition and can be a damn nuisance as well as for the other team with his work rate. Fantastic ball ability? Don't agree at all personally.

Very good, but shame he has to keep cutting onto his right foot. Killed some promising moves that after some initial good work.

Yep. His one weakness is the opposition defender knows where he's going 9 times out of 10 but even that's not enough to stop him necessarily, as was shown today when he cut inside on a few occasions. He was your best player today.

Chase: I wouldn't say Jonas' ability on the ball is fantastic. He's a very agile, athletic player who causes trouble for the opposition and can be a damn nuisance as well as for the other team with his work rate. Fantastic ball ability? Don't agree at all personally.

Wouldn't a defender know which way he was going if he was left footed? I think cutting inside gives him more space and options as opposed to shifting it down the flank every time.

Also helps if the opposition box isn't just Best making friends with 8 members of the opposition team.

Going forward he is outstanding, really is. However, he's not perfect at defending. I think he's quality btw, just think he can improve the defensive aspect of his game a bit.

would agree with that. however he was mostly fine in defence today, bar a few mins when he was skinned 3 times after being far too slack and slightly misplaced to close down the winger. after that he got closer and made a couple of interceptions that were a result of good anticipation and positioning.

and of course he's very good on the ball. would like him to be slightly more confident going forwards - that one run he did was great.

Going forward he is outstanding, really is. However, he's not perfect at defending. I think he's quality btw, just think he can improve the defensive aspect of his game a bit.

would agree with that. however he was mostly fine in defence today, bar a few mins when he was skinned 3 times after being far too slack and slightly misplaced to close down the winger. after that he got closer and made a couple of interceptions that were a result of good anticipation and positioning.

and of course he's very good on the ball. would like him to be slightly more confident going forwards - that one run he did was great.

Agree. Would have loved him to have scored today. Interestingly, would he better going forward on the left or right flank? Going forward on the right he can obviously put in better crosses, however I'm a real big fan of a right footer cutting in on the left and causing problems and possibly having a shooting chance, so very undecided!