Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

We've been unfit from day one, be it fatigue, training injuries, muscle injuries, unfortunate impact injuries - we haven't been this unfit since Roeder. Some of the injuries haven't been our fault, but it all harks back to another abysmal pre-season. Seems to have been forgotten about but I reckon it's responsible for certain shit parts of our season.

Eagerly awaiting Pardew being questioned about it, him telling us he hopes he is back by a certain game then we can all LOL when he doesn't make it.

:papiss:

Bit of an odd point to make.

What has changed since last season though where we had hardly any injuries? Have we brought in some new back room staff that aren't good enough or is it just bad luck?

http://wikitravel.org/upload/shared//thumb/8/8a/Europe_regions.png/500px-Europe_regions.png

Enclave and exclave irritate me because I always have to think them through...

whats an exclave then ? never even heard of one, heard of an enclave though.

edit....that bit of russia is an exclave then, just checked.

We need to hire top fitness coaches/consultants and sort this f***ing problem this summer. This is beyond ridiculous.

Aye i'm seeing a awful amount of hamstring injuries for it to be a coincidence tbh or "unlucky".

So what have happend since last season? Were we just very lucky last season?

We need to hire top fitness coaches/consultants and sort this f***ing problem this summer. This is beyond ridiculous.

Aye i'm seeing a awful amount of hamstring injuries for it to be a coincidence tbh or "unlucky".

So what have happend since last season? Were we just very lucky last season?

Can't really put my finger on it, maybe more games ?  :undecided:

Eagerly awaiting Pardew being questioned about it, him telling us he hopes he is back by a certain game then we can all LOL when he doesn't make it.

:papiss:

Bit of an odd point to make.

:snod:

i'd like to see a list of other clubs injuries as a comparison. just had a look on physio room and there are a few hamstring injuries at other clubs, do we get more or do we jsut take more notice.

(still not very nice looking down that list and seeing "Acute Leukaemia")

I think our issue seems to be compounded to the fact that we have a supremely thin squad to begin with and our key players are having lengthy spells in the treatment room.

Krul, Colo, Steven Taylor, Cabaye, and HBA for the most part, then now add Debuchy, Haidara and Santon. I've literally named many of our top players/starting 11. Beyond ridiculous now.