Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Needs to sit out a few games and take stock of things.

:thup: That's the joy of having such a big squad...............oh wait.

Actually pretty well stocked in his position :lol:

Stocked with what? Kids? Dummett, Haidara are f***ing children and MYM's not a natural there.

As opposed to the fully developed professional that is Santon?

He may be fully developed and consider himself a professional - many of us just see him as a poor defender who plays on the left and can't cross with his left foot.

Sell

Seriously, have a word with yourself.

• 1 month later...

One of the few that come out with any credit today, looked a threat going forward and defended well.

Some of his crosses were excellent, best I've seen from us in awhile that wasn't from HBA or Cabaye.

Him and Gosling were the only players to come out with a tiny bit of credit today imo.

Shame his cross was so poor after he'd skinned Evra although you could argue either De Jong or Cisse should have been in the 6 yard box.

Him and Gosling were the only players to come out with a tiny bit of credit today imo.

Shame his cross was so poor after he'd skinned Evra although you could argue either De Jong or Cisse should have been in the 6 yard box.

Gosling? You off your tits? He must've touched the ball 10 times at best second half. Utterly anonymous.

Gosling, credit? What?

He was absolutely dreadful and offered nothing part from being a part of their first goal.

Hmm, credit might have been the wrong word to use. Thought in the first half though he looked positive and was always wanting to drive on from midfield.

It might just be because I'm used to Tiote and Anita being our centre midfields and them never setting foot near the opposition's box.

Hmm, credit might have been the wrong word to use. Thought in the first half though he looked positive and was always wanting to drive on from midfield.

It might just be because I'm used to Tiote and Anita being our centre midfields and them never setting foot near the opposition's box.

Aside from it not being their natural game I'd be flabbergasted if there weren't told not too.

Cisse and De Jong made the same run to the near post. It was a decent ball from Santon but one of them needed to hold back their run and wait at the far post while one took the defenders away to the front post.

I agree about Gosling but it's not fashionable to do so.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Roger Kint

So..... Douglas says he wants a contract extension but won't be given one. All whilst Roma hover

If hell froze over and we got a proper LB i wouldnt care.

Guest Roger Kint

He's reached his ceiling at this club, he won't improve anymore with this coaching team.

Never fails :lol:

He'll not be a world beater but he's got potential. It'll be realised with a decent coaching team.

Correct. He's got the attributes. He'd be good at inter. Not one of our left backs have come in and looked any better

He needs someone to instil a bit of drive into him. He sums up the apathy in the club at the minute.

I wouldn't trust Carver or Pardew to know how to coach a left back positionally for example. How is he meant to improve? Goes for any of the young lads.

Guest Roger Kint

Let's just laugh and make arsey comments though, instead of having a discussion.

Aye because your comment was in any way sensible ffs. It was 100% arsey and got what it deserved tbh. Lets not forget he didnt push on at Inter under Mourinho, was that his fault? End of the day he makes too many basic errors and mentally switches off too much for me so if we did replace him(like i said as Dummett is even worse) then it wouldnt bother me at all.

Guest Roger Kint

He was a teenager at Inter and playing in what was at the time, a new and unfamiliar position.

So your idea of discussion is to blindly make excuses and assume everything is someone elses fault? Thanks for the balanced view. :thup: