Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

I'd like to see someone in the mould of Arouna Kone/Victor Moses(/Aaron Lennon).

A relatively established wing forward who is full of running and can unsettle defences. Doesn't have to be a crackshot striker, but preferably not Gervinho-level decision making either. A flat-track bully would be ideal.

Not sure who is out there that we could get.

Is this addition to the likes of Remy or instead? Because i have been saying for a while if Ba was to go we should be getting a Forward like Remy and a winger.

Obviously not possible in this window but i hold hope for the summer that a winger would be something we look at.

I'd like to see someone in the mould of Arouna Kone/Victor Moses(/Aaron Lennon).

A relatively established wing forward who is full of running and can unsettle defences. Doesn't have to be a crackshot striker, but preferably not Gervinho-level decision making either. A flat-track bully would be ideal.

It's tough to point it out as a failure on our part given the players we later signed (HBA, Ba, Cisse), but signing Moses in January 2010, when Wigan were the only Premiersip side interested, for 2-3 million would have been fantastic business. I've watched him many times since the change in nationality and he's a genuine star. We are a big enough team that he might have stayed as well.

He has been horrendous in France and has high wages, but I wanted NUFC to sign Kalou in the summer for that exact role.

It's tough to point it out as a failure on our part given the players we later signed (HBA, Ba, Cisse), but signing Moses in January 2010, when Wigan were the only Premiersip side interested, for 2-3 million would have been fantastic business. I've watched him many times since the change in nationality and he's a genuine star. We are a big enough team that he might have stayed as well.

He has been horrendous in France and has high wages, but I wanted NUFC to sign Kalou in the summer for that exact role.

Turned us down did he not? <- Moses I mean

Agree on Kalou btw.

Yeah more of an allround forward. If not this type then the one that drops off and links the attacks (Michu - Ruiz type).

Agree on Kalou btw.

We fucked his agent around, fact.

Amazing considering our negotiating team, I know.

Agree on Kalou btw.

We fucked his agent around, fact.

Amazing considering our negotiating team, I know.

Care to divulge?

Someone I know encountered his agent. I heard a recording of the conversation.

'Would have walked to Newcastle on broken glass if the chairman wasn't such an arsehole' springs to mind, paraphrasing.

'Would have walked to Newcastle on broken glass if the chairman wasn't such an arsehole' springs to mind, paraphrasing.

Can't really judge what they did without knowing the details of the negotiation really. His agent hasn't exactly covered himself in glory in the Moses to Chelsea deal either, and it's not like football agents are saints by any description.

Seriously?

We talking about Moses?

Seriously?

We talking about Moses?

Yes. He wanted something like about 20k a week and we told them to piss off.

Seriously?

We talking about Moses?

Yes. He wanted something like about 20k a week and we told them to p*ss off.

He'd have, pretty much, been playing every week by now. If anything those wages are very fair (if what you said is correct).

They probably wanted him on a par with the other young players when, in reality, he's streets ahead.

To be fair, we were in the Championship at the time with what was by far the most expensive team in that division and he probably wouldn't have contributed right away given how his career at Wigan went (didn't really come into himself until late 2011). That wage does seem high given the circumstances.

If it's any consolation he would probably be playing for Chelsea by now anyway.

I was desperate for us to go for him at the time like.

Maybe he would be playing for Chelsea but it would have been us with the transfer profit. It was a bad decision.