Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Can't see why you're advocating getting rid of Williamson then complaining about a lack of depth, I don't think there are many better CB's that are happy to be 4th choice, we need decent squad players like Williamson and Perch who are willing to sit on the bench 90% of the season and come in and do a job when needed. We only really need to sign another CB this summer is if we lose Colo.

Can't see why you're advocating getting rid of Williamson then complaining about a lack of depth, I don't think there are many better CB's that are happy to be 4th choice, we need decent squad players like Williamson and Perch who are willing to sit on the bench 90% of the season and come in and do a job when needed. We only really need to sign another CB this summer is if we lose Colo.

One center back? I hope you mean as far as spending on defence? If Colo goes we need two Centre backs of the same pedigree.

I think Williamson is OK as a squad player, not 3rd choice but fourth.

I like Perch aswell but only as a defensive midfielder (squad player), he's far too brittle in defence.

One center back? I hope you mean as far as spending on defence? If Colo goes we need two Centre backs of the same pedigree.

I think Williamson is OK as a squad player, not 3rd choice but fourth.

I like Perch aswell but only as a defensive midfielder (squad player), he's far too brittle in defence.

Yeah, I meant spending on defence, we definitely need another two attacking players.

Williamson is 4th Choice currently (Colo, Taylor, MYM, Willo). Can't see us needing two CB's if Colo goes, or being capable of attracting anyone near the same quality, but we should be signing a first choice CB like Sakho, or more realistically Douglas.

de Bruyne is going to Germany - probably to BVB or as part of the Schurrle deal to Leverkusen.

He's going to be one hell of a player. Chelsea are so daft for letting him go. I don't think he's any inferior to Schurrle, tbh.

Seen him mentioned by others before, I'm sure, but I'd be surprised if Cheick Diabate from Bordeaux doesn't feature somewhere on our list of striking targets - particularly if Shola packs in and we look to sign two.

Musts:

Decent Left Winger/Forward

Decent Striker

Decent CB (colo replacement)

Back up GK (Harper replacement)

Would like:

Williamson out - Replaced

Gosling out replaced with a creative attacking mid

Obertan out and replaced

Will be interesting to see how we rate our fringe players. Given Pardew's previous damning statement in January about younger and fringe players not being up to scratch, we shall see how much back tracking he does or if he lives up to his word with strengthening the squad. Already looks like backtracking is the route, having spoken last week about how the younger players will be better from this years experience.

Cheeky bid for Scott Sinclair?  He is very likely to leave Man City. Ticks all the Ashley transfer regulation boxes. Surely not completely wrecked from one year at Man City.

Wouldn't mind him, we need that type of player. He's probably sitting on a lot higher wages than we are willing to give him though. If he's smart ( :undecided:) he would take a pay cut in order to restart his career.

What a dumb move that was. People were saying he was on the edge of the England squad and now he's hardly played a game all season. It's not like he is someone that had to work his way up the leagues to finally get a shot with a 'big' club, he started with Chelsea and wasn't good enough..

Guest hatem garrincha

Seen him mentioned by others before, I'm sure, but I'd be surprised if Cheick Diabate from Bordeaux doesn't feature somewhere on our list of striking targets - particularly if Shola packs in and we look to sign two.

Diabate is worse than Shola

Is he dead?

Guest hatem garrincha

Is he dead?

Can't even move man.

If we're looking to replace Shola with another big man to come off the bench, I reckon we should be in for Anichebe. He's unlikely to be first choice striker at Everton next year, so it'd depend on the new manager, whether he'd trade their bench for ours and whether or not he hates the club because of Nolan.

Guest neesy111

Vermaelen can leave for £5mil apparently. Unrealistic?

Arsenal selling their captain again?

He's had a very poor season by his standards.

Vermaelen can leave for £5mil apparently. Unrealistic?

Arsenal selling their captain again?

came here to post the same...would love him here.

And while we are shopping at arsenal we should buy Bendtner as well. Controversial - maybe. But he knows its his last chance and many seems to forget he had a really really good euro 12. last season his been injured, out of favor in a strong juve attack and scandals - only one (big though).

Bendtner is a bit similar to cisse. So back up for cisse and then we should get remy as well.

attack and cb sorted for "cheap money".

Vermealen can't defend and is a positional trainwreck.

No coincidence at all that since Arsenal dropped him they have been picking up Clean sheets like its something to do as Koscielny and Mertesacker actually know the basics of defending.