Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Pardew will be pushing for basic English players that understand his level. So anyone who fits that bill really.

Fat chance of that happening unless they are out of contract with Ashley at the helm or like Sinclair basically not needed by his club.

I still don't think the transfer policy will change that much, although i wouldn't be surprised if Colo leaves then we might look at someone like Lescott.

But the offensive players will be from the continent IMO.

I never said they'll be any good. People worried about bridge or can't control are rightly worried IMO. What is reo-Coker doing these days?

Don't know how the club will sell a broken vision to any decent foreign talent, we won't pay daft wages to secure the move like qpr, so it's basic footballers who understand his basic approach to the game.

Arshavin free transfer anyone?

I'd have him - class is permanent.

Aye and he's shown his class for like 1 season in his entire career.

Not true - was class at Zenit.  Played well at Arsenal bar the last couple of seasons but they never played in him preferred position.  Given the chance he'd find his form.

If he could string some consistency together he'd be great but don't think he has the ethic to be anything other than a luxury player in the premier league. Lovely on his day but would say no.

Not true - was class at Zenit.  Played well at Arsenal bar the last couple of seasons but they never played in him preferred position.  Given the chance he'd find his form.

For one season when they won the Europa League.... as for Arsenal his good form didn't even stretch past 6 months.

For one season when they won the Europa League.... as for Arsenal his good form didn't even stretch past 6 months.

Remember we were in for him when he went to Arsenal, was class first year like

Yohan Cabaye

Moussa Sissoko

Vurnon Anita

Jonás Gutiérrez

Gaël Bigirimana

James Perch

Dan Gosling

Cheick Tioté

Mehdi Abeid

I think we're good for central midfielders tbh.  If there's money in the kitty after we've strengthened in the areas that really need it then go for one but I wouldn't make it any kind of priority.  Marv and HBA can fill in as the tip of the midfield 3 if needed too.

Yohan Cabaye

Moussa Sissoko

Vurnon Anita

Jonás Gutiérrez

Gaël Bigirimana

James Perch

Dan Gosling

Cheick Tioté

Mehdi Abeid

I think we're good for central midfielders tbh.  If there's money in the kitty after we've strengthened in the areas that really need it then go for one but I wouldn't make it any kind of priority.  Marv and HBA can fill in as the tip of the midfield 3 if needed too.

The problem is that there's only one genuinely creative player in all that list (well, I'm not familiar enough with Abeid to know what kind of player he is).

Marv has always looked best played centrally and he's creative imo

More of an attacking mid than a true central midfielder though. What I mean is that if Cabaye is injuried or off-form, you have no playmaker. Even bringing somebody in to just fill up the Guthrie role would help. Great if he could even challenge Yohan.

Marv has always looked best played centrally and he's creative imo

More of an attacking mid than a true central midfielder though. What I mean is that if Cabaye is injuried or off-form, you have no playmaker. Even bringing somebody in to just fill up the Guthrie role would help. Great if he could even challenge Yohan.

I sort of agree, but I also think that Anita and Bigi deserve more chances in the first team bringing in another CM may put them back, both have the capability to keep the ball and pass it around if not the creativity that Cabaye has. If Cabaye is injured Marv should come in central, if Marv is injured Ben Arfa can move into central playmaker role imo potentially (if he'll pass and keep the ball more than try and run with it, he won't do the defensive work as successfully as Cabaye does obviously). I don't actually think we're lacking in creativity, presuming no-one gets sold (which is yes probably wrong).

I think a proper wide player and another striker are way more important

Wouldn't be averse to signing Kone from Wigan alongwith another forward. Maybe Bony to make it a double Ivorian capture? We always leave it late regarding transfers which is always frustrating although I hope we get some business done early this time.