Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

On BBC's World Football Phone-in, Tim Vickery keeps going on about this 6'4" centre back at Vasco called Dede, thinks he's going to be world class. Someone like that would be a perfect partner for Colo and I think we could be that shop window for him. I wonder if he's on our radar....

Would NEVER come here.

probably couldn't anyway because of work permit issues.

Matt jarvis for wolves rate him highly

I was really impressed by him at first but my mancrush has waned.  Wouldn't say no because I think he's useful but who knows what wolves would try and gouge us for.

Would still love Hoilett.

On BBC's World Football Phone-in, Tim Vickery keeps going on about this 6'4" centre back at Vasco called Dede, thinks he's going to be world class. Someone like that would be a perfect partner for Colo and I think we could be that shop window for him. I wonder if he's on our radar....

Would NEVER come here.

probably couldn't anyway because of work permit issues.

Probably could with that exceptional talent exception they have. But he's going to leave to a big team as soon as he has cemented his place next to Thiago Silva in the national team.

Guest Roger Kint

Realistic Targets ... I would go for the following;

Xherdan Shaqiri (RM)

Eren Derdiyok (CF)

Toby Alderweireld (CD)

Aly Cissokho (LD)

Do you really think that? No idea who Toby is tbh but Ciss was priced out of a move here wasnt he? Not too realistic then unless Lyon drop their asking price. Shaqiri will go for much more than we will spend. Agree with Derdiyok though, providing Bayer are willing to sell for well under €10m

If I've heard of a player I just assume he's unrealistic TBH, I'm just waiting to see who Wor Graeme pulls out the bag in January.

In all truthfulness, we have signed some marquee players in the last few windows. Even someone with only a basic knowledge of the Italian and French leagues will have heard of Cabaye, Marveaux, and Santon. They were hardly unknown quantities. Even the likes of Ba and Obertan were well-known and Ba was a high-quality performer in the world's most televised league. Only Elliot was a shining diamond hidden against dull, beaten stones.

If I've heard of a player I just assume he's unrealistic TBH, I'm just waiting to see who Wor Graeme pulls out the bag in January.

In all truthfulness, we have signed some marquee players in the last few windows. Even someone with only a basic knowledge of the Italian and French leagues will have heard of Cabaye, Marveaux, and Santon. They were hardly unknown quantities. Even the likes of Ba and Obertan were well-known and Ba was a high-quality performer in the world's most televised league. Only Elliot was a shining diamond hidden against dull, beaten stones.

True, I was exaggerating. I hadn't heard of any of them except Ba and Obertan, but I don't watch French or Italian football.

Think I'd prefer Derdiyok to Maiga, like. Not just ability-wise, but he'll be a mate for Barnetta next summer :pow:

Scored a hat-trick at the weekend. Leverkusen have some good fucking options upfront like - himself, Schurrle and Kießling. Ridiculous.

Buy Eduardo Vargas from U de Chile please. Going to be (already is) fucking class.

Berbs would be a good free transfer in the summer, or a minimal fee next month as long as the wages were right. I think he's got something to give, something vastly under rated by Fergie now he's got his new pet.

For the love of christ, sign a centre back in January.

If Taylor injury is as serious as it sounds, then there is absolutely no excuse. Don't even want a Ridgewell type backup player, get somebody from the continent.

Godin :snod:

Godin - Colo :drool:

Totally unrealistic though.

Banged this drum before but I thought Douglas was good against Fulham the other night. He's the obvious choice for me and somebody we'd be aware of. In France there's obviously that guy from Montpellier, who are another side we've seemingly watched a lot.

Can't think of anybody in this country I'd like to sign who is realistic.