Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Guest taps01

We could do with maybe a loan signing similar to what WBA/Everton originally got with Lukaku. We should try our luck with any of Rashford/Martial/Iheanacho/Bony/Nolito/Iwobi etc.

They are not regular starters for their respective clubs as things stand and may find themselves even further back come the summer as their club's look to spend and improve more. They are talented enough for their club not to want to peddle, however, so a loan could be attractive all-round?

Players we can't quite afford or attract, but may be able to get on loan and who could do a very good job for us as we try and establish ourselves back in the top-flight.

I'm usually against loan signings because once the loan deal is up it can leave you stranded, but anything that can help fast-track us is a good thing as I trust Rafa to create a very good team long-term.

One player who I think would be a very good signing for us would be Bony and someone I think we could realistically either get on loan or maybe even sign permanently, same with Joe Hart. They will more thank likely cost 15m + though if they were to be sold. If we are willing to spend we can get some good players into the club without doubt, however!

Just for example £15m + on Joe Hart (or loan), £15m + on Shawcross, £15m + on Bonny (or loan) and those 3 alone could transform our side towards a respectable mid-table one.

Some may argue Shawcross isn't worth £15m +, but even at £20m I think in the current climate he would represent good value for money and would help solidify our defence and would be someone I reckon would relish working with Rafa. He's a no nonsense defender and tactically seems to relish that side of the game.

Hart has his critics and he's by no means a great 'kepper, but he would walk into our team and is easily on his day one of the best in the PL IMO.

Again, I'd rather we spent good money on top players even if it meant fewer players than good money on lots of players who aren't all upto the task.

If our budget is a net of £70m I believe we could bring in 4 very very capable players for that who would transform our side massively. Add in loans and things could be very good for us indeed, especially with Rafa coaching.

Rashford on loan? That isn't happening.

Guest taps01

Would pass on the current version of Bony I think - just doesn't look the same player now.

Agreed, has looked awful the last few times I've seen him.

Who would you choose between Maguire and Shawcross? Just curious to see what people on here think? Having an experienced one is probably better for the short term, but I also like the look of Maguire and even though he doesn't have the experience I think he looks like a leader, albeit not as proven of course.

Can see Maguire going to a club like Everton or similar though.

Guest Howaythetoon

Rashford is pie in the sky admittedly, but you never know with Mourinho. He's never going to be the main man there and will always be someone who comes on from the bench or starts games for tactical reasons, often outside of his natural position. The good thing with players like him, the manager may not want to make him a first team starter, but the club would never sell unless for stupid money because they know they have a talent on their hands. Therefore a loan may be an attractive option all-round. Not long after Chelsea paid over 18m for Lukaku I imagine many wouldn't have considered he would be loaned out to WBA...

Guest Howaythetoon

Who would you choose between Maguire and Shawcross? Just curious to see what people on here think? Having an experienced one is probably better for the short term, but I also like the look of Maguire and even though he doesn't have the experience I think he looks like a leader, albeit not as proven of course.

I haven't seen much of the Hull player so can't comment. Shawcross would be an ideal fit for us though and would be a very very good signing even over £15m +.

Maguire personally, would rather take my chances that he could become something better where as we know what Shawcross is for better or worse.

Would he cost 15m+, despite being at the end of his contract? (ends in 2018?). Still probably not far off these days I guess. Shawcross that is.

I think I'd go with Maguire as well Mole :thup:

Players we can't quite afford or attract, but may be able to get on loan and who could do a very good job for us as we try and establish ourselves back in the top-flight.

I'm usually against loan signings because once the loan deal is up it can leave you stranded, but anything that can help fast-track us is a good thing as I trust Rafa to create a very good team long-term.

I like this thought process.

To go back a few days someone was talking about the situation Tottenham was in, where they can't quite offer what clubs like Man U/Chelsea/etc can offer so they may have to ride their team spirit rather than stand out individual performances from players like Man U can attract.

The way that I think that ties in to us is that we are a newly promoted club. We still have a good name going and we have Rafa in charge, but I think we'll still find signings of real genuine quality hard to come by and utilizing the loan market could be a way to let us get players that are of genuine quality that would not come here permanently usually. I like your example of Lukaku going to Everton.

These dudes want to play. And yeah our name isn't the best right now but it still holds some weight and players will look at our club and see it as an attractive club to take a punt on as a loan deal, especially when they can be the main guy and also get coached by one of Europe's top coaches in Rafa.

Outside the top 7 I think we're the most attractive choice tbh, Slightly ahead of Southampton I'd say. With Rafa I'd say we're on par with Everton, but maybe I'm a bit biased.

Outside the top 7 I think we're the most attractive choice tbh, Slightly ahead of Southampton I'd say. With Rafa I'd say we're on par with Everton, but maybe I'm a bit biased.

You are :lol:  ;) in all seriousness some are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Guest Howaythetoon

I was working in Liverpool yesterday, Maghull, and the customers were Liverpool and Everton fans. The Liverpool fan said there is a good chance Sturridge will be loaned out next season because although in his own words he's the best and most natural finisher in the league, he's made of glass so its unlikely someone will pay the going rate for such a player. So a loan is a huge possibility. He reckoned if anyone can keep him fit its Rafa and said it wouldn't surprise him if we went in for him on loan.

The same bloke also said Klopp is under huge pressure because he was appointed to try and win the league. He will get all of next season, but if it doesn't look like he can deliver a title challenge at the least, he will be gone and that Rafa is basically parking himself here at Newcastle ready to take over at Liverpool when the manager's position becomes available and would walk back to Liverpool. The same bloke said he would swap Rafa for Klopp in an instant.

He's fucking loved their mind, even by Evertonians. He's doing some run thing for the Hillsborough campaign soon which the customer helps organises, he reckoned he is pally with Rafa. Hmmmm!

You are :lol:  ;) in all seriousness some are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Maybe :lol: How many clubs after being relegated could have signed Ritchie though? Genuine question.

I was working in Liverpool yesterday, Maghull, and the customers were Liverpool and Everton fans. The Liverpool fan said there is a good chance Sturridge will be loaned out next season because although in his own words he's the best and most natural finisher in the league, he's made of glass so its unlikely someone will pay the going rate for such a player. So a loan is a huge possibility. He reckoned if anyone can keep him fit its Rafa and said it wouldn't surprise him if we went in for him on loan.

The same bloke also said Klopp is under huge pressure because he was appointed to try and win the league. He will get all of next season, but if it doesn't look like he can deliver a title challenge at the least, he will be gone and that Rafa is basically parking himself here at Newcastle ready to take over at Liverpool when the manager's position becomes available and would walk back to Liverpool. The same bloke said he would swap Rafa for Klopp in an instant.

He's fucking loved their mind, even by Evertonians. He's doing some run thing for the Hillsborough campaign soon which the customer helps organises, he reckoned he is pally with Rafa. Hmmmm!

Sounds like you've met Rafa's biggest fan and interrupted his fantasy honestly.

Liverpools board must be the only people in the world that date Rafa higher than Klopp.

He's f***ing loved their mind, even by Evertonians. He's doing some run thing for the Hillsborough campaign soon which the customer helps organises, he reckoned he is pally with Rafa. Hmmmm!

Be massively surprised at, he only signed a 6 year contract last summer to take him until 2022.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think outside of the top 6 say, players go where the money and exposure is these days and that is to our benefit as much as anything because we can also offer huge gates, Rafa etc. on top of that so we could have an advantage over say Everton. But only if we are willing to pay decent fees and wages...

Lets be honest here, we have attracted sought after players in recent times in Ba, Cabaye, Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Santon, Remy et al. I don't think wages are an issue for us, its transfer fees.

The fact we have never broken our transfer record under Ashley while everyone else seems to have speaks volumes. £16m isn't outside of the realms of a Championship player these days for example.

Anyway I'm confident if we have say a budget of £70m net we can do some good business, but we do need to utilise the loan system, simply to fast-track our progress more than anything.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's f***ing loved their mind, even by Evertonians. He's doing some run thing for the Hillsborough campaign soon which the customer helps organises, he reckoned he is pally with Rafa. Hmmmm!

Sounds like you've met Rafa's biggest fan and interrupted his fantasy honestly.

Liverpools board must be the only people in the world that date Rafa higher than Klopp.

I did and someone who claims to know him personally etc. as well. I do believe Klopp is under huge pressure mind and that he was appointed to try and win them the league. I can't see that happening in all honesty. Rafa would stand a better chance. Again he's idolised there and as a result it appears we are now their second fave team.

Got some juicy info on Gerrard from the same bloke, general opinion great player, tosser of a bloke and not welcomed as a coach or future manager which the customer said will probably happen after Klopp. Worse than Souness was his prediction.... hopefully!

Do you really expect to spend 70M net on players? Not taking the piss, it's a genuine question. Only six clubs had a net spend of more than 26M last summer, and we only spent 34M net because somebody presumably hacked our fax machine to buy Sissoko.

A couple of names which spring to mind. I think Rafa would believe he could do something with Kone from the Mackems, perhaps even Kirchoff if we could get him on a cheapish deal, ignoring the obvious problems with signing their players.

Sahko from Liverpool, any word on whether Palace have anything agreed? He would certainly fit the bill.

Luke Shaw, if he could prove his fitness.

Do you really expect to spend 70M net on players? Not taking the piss, it's a genuine question. Only six clubs had a net spend of more than 26M last summer, and we only spent 34M net because somebody presumably hacked our fax machine to buy Sissoko.

I think we will spend 60/70m and probably get 15/20m back.

Guest Howaythetoon

Do you really expect to spend 70M net on players? Not taking the p*ss, it's a genuine question. Only six clubs had a net spend of more than 26M last summer, and we only spent 34M net because somebody presumably hacked our fax machine to buy Sissoko.

I expect Rafa to walk that's how pessimistic I view things, but £70m net is the least the club needs to spend IMO and I can see us spending that if all the planets align etc.

I think we will recoup about 25m in sales btw!

Imagine getting money for Colback!  :frantic: Honestly, I'd just be happy to not have to see him play anymore. Stil people on this planet who rate him so it's not entirely impossible. Bet Fire Face turns down all the Championship clubs...