Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

A couple of names which spring to mind. I think Rafa would believe he could do something with Kone from the Mackems, perhaps even Kirchoff if we could get him on a cheapish deal, ignoring the obvious problems with signing their players.

Sahko from Liverpool, any word on whether Palace have anything agreed? He would certainly fit the bill.

Luke Shaw, if he could prove his fitness.

Liverpool apparently want £30m for Sakho, can't see us going in for him at that price.

Shaw's a good shout though but again, I can't see Man Utd letting him go for much less than they paid for him so think it would be another £20m+ deal which I'd be wary about paying due to his injury problems throughout his career.

A couple of names which spring to mind. I think Rafa would believe he could do something with Kone from the Mackems, perhaps even Kirchoff if we could get him on a cheapish deal, ignoring the obvious problems with signing their players.

Sahko from Liverpool, any word on whether Palace have anything agreed? He would certainly fit the bill.

Luke Shaw, if he could prove his fitness.

Liverpool apparently want £30m for Sakho, can't see us going in for him at that price.

Shaw's a good shout though but again, I can't see Man Utd letting him go for much less than they paid for him so think it would be another £20m+ deal which I'd be wary about paying due to his injury problems throughout his career.

If we could sell Hanley for 5m and get Sahko in for less than 30m that would represent good value in a market where Bolasie and Sissoko fetched 30m.

It's hard to tell with our lot, what we are prepared to do.

Is Shawcross because he's down to his last 12 months? He would be an awesome signing.

Have you seen much of Shawcross this season? Maybe he needs a change of scenery for him to push on again but he looks like he's regressed to me whenever I've seen him.

I think Shaw would be a real good signing for us. He just needs to be away from Man U, a new environment to help him get back to the level he was at.

Ideally we could get him on loan with option to make it permanent the following summer.

Wages would be a problem though.

I think Shaw would be a real good signing for us. He just needs to be away from Man U, a new environment to help him get back to the level he was at.

Ideally we could get him on loan with option to make it permanent the following summer.

Would Man Utd allow a very young player leave at a loss? He would have to be our record signing, agree on loan perhaps but to buy is probably out of the question.

For me targeting spurs players on loan or cheap buys makes sense, as we can use the unpaid Sissoko installments to cover costs of any deals done between both sides?

Do you really expect to spend 70M net on players? Not taking the piss, it's a genuine question. Only six clubs had a net spend of more than 26M last summer, and we only spent 34M net because somebody presumably hacked our fax machine to buy Sissoko.

Absolutely not.

Would Man Utd allow a very young player leave at a loss? He would have to be our record signing, agree on loan perhaps but to buy is probably out of the question.

For Luke Shaw, they're almost certainly going to have to.

Mourinho clearly doesn't rate him and probably just wants rid.

Also no team is going to pay 30 million for a player who has struggled for form and experienced serious injuries in the last couple years.

For Luke Shaw, they're almost certainly going to have to.

Mourinho clearly doesn't rate him and probably just wants rid.

Also no team is going to pay 30 million for a player who has struggled for form and experienced serious injuries in the last couple years.

Mourinho is renowned for doing this, he forced Mata out of Chelsea who he allegedly didnt want, he still managed to command a nearly 38m from the buyer for a player you might say he just wanted rid of? Ended up being Man Utds then record buy.

So I doubt he will be just giving Shaw away.

Iheanacho? If they offload Aguero they'll spend big bucks on a replacement and Jesus will be fit from the start of the season. Worth a six month loan at least.

Suspect he'd have much better offers than us like.

Perhaps but they wouldn't loan him to a rival and I'm sure Pep would rather he went to someone like Rafa as opposed to say Hughes or Pulis.

Do you really expect to spend 70M net on players? Not taking the p*ss, it's a genuine question. Only six clubs had a net spend of more than 26M last summer, and we only spent 34M net because somebody presumably hacked our fax machine to buy Sissoko.

I expect Rafa to walk that's how pessimistic I view things, but £70m net is the least the club needs to spend IMO and I can see us spending that if all the planets align etc.

I think we will recoup about 25m in sales btw!

£70m buys with £25m sales is £45m net.  Unless you're thinking we're gonna spend £95m.....

Iheanacho? If they offload Aguero they'll spend big bucks on a replacement and Jesus will be fit from the start of the season. Worth a six month loan at least.

Suspect he'd have much better offers than us like.

Perhaps but they wouldn't loan him to a rival and I'm sure Pep would rather he went to someone like Rafa as opposed to say Hughes or Pulis.

I was thinking of European teams like.

Pretty sure there would be a fair few teams in the Champions League and Europa League who would be sniffing around him. Pep would be more than happy to send him on loan to any of them.

Begovic and Gray are the types of player we should be looking at. Both could play here for years and wouldn't cost silly money. Though I imagine the latter would cost near 20m, I don't think it's that unreasonable a gamble.

If we could sell Hanley for 5m and get Sahko in for less than 30m that would represent good value in a market where Bolasie and Sissoko fetched 30m.

are you putting bolasie and sissoko in the same bracket? :lol:

Neither were worth the money, that was my point.

are you putting bolasie and sissoko in the same bracket? :lol:

Neither were worth the money, that was my point.

don't agree but fair enough

So you think Bolasie has justified his 30m? Give over.

What a ridiculous thing to say when he's been out for the majority of the season with a cruciate injury.

So you think Bolasie has justified his 30m? Give over.

What a ridiculous thing to say when he's been out for the majority of the season with a cruciate injury.

:lol: Oh aye. These modern day footballers will do anything to not play.

Sorry, my original point was that neither Bolasie or Sissoko were worth their fees and yes Bolasie is a much better player than Sissoko.