QPR 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/09/11 - Post-match reaction from page 53

Dave

For most of the game, we had a very old-fashioned looking 4-4-2, and were overrun.

Neither of the full backs were able to support the attack, and Cabaye and Tiote didn't get forward. We had the odd individual moment, and Best did well, but overall we looked very ragged going forward.

What's happened to Tiote? That confidence and energy of last season seems to have gone. I lost count of the number of times he gave the ball away.

Still, that's a difficult game out of the way, and we didn't lose.

A shit manager with no game plan is my view. The team selection and game plan seemed extraordinarily stupid IMO. I'm happy to discuss it although I doubt Pards will be , the cockney twat.

For most of the game, we had a very old-fashioned looking 4-4-2, and were overrun.

Neither of the full backs were able to support the attack, and Cabaye and Tiote didn't get forward. We had the odd individual moment, and Best did well, but overall we looked very ragged going forward.

What's happened to Tiote? That confidence and energy of last season seems to have gone. I lost count of the number of times he gave the ball away.

A s*** manager with no game plan is my view. The team selection and game plan seemed extraordinarily stupid IMO. I'm happy to discuss it although I doubt Pards will be , the cockney t***.

alternativly he not sure on marveaux's fitness and ben arfa isn't reaqdy yet.....given that i still think the squad could have been better used .

alternativly he not sure on marveaux's fitness and ben arfa isn't reaqdy yet.....given that i still think the squad could have been better used .

Marveaux was fit enough to play a full game in the cup, plus extra time.  What else does he have to do to prove he can play?

Now I have a bit more time i'll go into a bit more depth.

The game plan was completely wrong. It became evident early on we were going to be overran in midfield. Cabaye was starved of the ball and Tiote struggled to cope with the players running at him. Subsequently the defence was completly exposed. I thought baring this in mind they did a good job, partiuclarly Taylor.

Taarabt completely ran the show. Even before the game it's pretty evident he's there best player but we never got near him in 90 minutes. He completely dictated play. On top of that we had SWP completely rinsing Taylor on a regular basis. the pair of them won't have an easier game in their lives, it's beyond belief we did nothing to stifle them at any point during the game.

On top of that when we got the ball it was either aimlessly punted upfield or the move broke down when the midfield attempted to find the forward. They were completely disjointed as an attacking force. A lot for Pardew to ponder.

Now I have a bit more time i'll go into a bit more depth.

The game plan was completely wrong. It became evident early on we were going to be overran in midfield. Cabaye was starved of the ball and Tiote struggled to cope with the players running at him. Subsequently the defence was completly exposed. I thought baring this in mind they did a good job, partiuclarly Taylor.

Taarabt completely ran the show. Even before the game it's pretty evident he's there best player but we never got near him in 90 minutes. He completely dictated play. On top of that we had SWP completely rinsing Taylor on a regular basis. the pair of them won't have an easier game in their lives, it's beyond belief we did nothing to stifle them at any point during the game.

On top of that when we got the ball it was either aimlessly punted upfield or the move broke down when the midfield attempted to find the forward. They were completely disjointed as an attacking force. A lot for Pardew to ponder.

nowt to ponder....he knows we can't go 4-4-2.....just depends wether he wants to try and tuck jonas in or not.

Guest sydneycove

TBH QPR's first game out after a massive transfer window, really good feeling around the club, away from home I am more than happy to take the point.

i'm happy with a point.....what about the performance ?

Aye, I wouldn't have been unhappy with a point if asked before the game. But that performance was demoralising.

I have subjected myself to watching much more uninspiring football before. Maybe my sleep deprived brain didn't help with waking upt at 4:30 am to watch the game but considering the circumstances I thought we could have played a lot worse.

The team was badly set up and performed poorly. Shola never looks uninjured, but he looked more than normal injured yesterday and made us a man short. Both wide players were poor, and we were completely swamped down Ryan Taylor's side. Better players than SWP and Boothroyd would have scored first half when our sole idea was hoof it long and watch it come back. Second half the new Peter Reid fluffed two easy headers, but they pretty much ran out of steam, not surprisingly given their hard pressing game.

After his free kick goals, it would have been hard to drop RTaylor for someone from another league, but not now after that performance. With a better LB and anyone but Shola, I don't think we would have been under the kosh as much, which should let the more capable lads do better than they managed last night. That all said, we earned a point from some great last-ditch defending, so remember the value of that and maybe not dwell on the rest.

The team was badly set up and performed poorly. Shola never looks uninjured, but he looked more than normal injured yesterday and made us a man short. Both wide players were poor, and we were completely swamped down Ryan Taylor's side. Better players than SWP and Boothroyd would have scored first half when our sole idea was hoof it long and watch it come back. Second half the new Peter Reid fluffed two easy headers, but they pretty much ran out of steam, not surprisingly given their hard pressing game.

After his free kick goals, it would have been hard to drop RTaylor for someone from another league, but not now after that performance. With a better LB and anyone but Shola, I don't think we would have been under the kosh as much, which should let the more capable lads do better than they managed last night. That all said, we earned a point from some great last-ditch defending, so remember the value of that and maybe not dwell on the rest.

Someone from another league? By that logic you would start Shola ahead of Messi.

Santon is a guy that has had Cristiano Ronaldo in his back pocket? A guy touted as the next Maldini, a guy who has capped Italy, and captained the U21s. All Taylor has in his locker is a good freekick. It's a no brainer to start Santon.

Someone from another league? By that logic you would start Shola ahead of Messi.

Santon is a guy that has had Cristiano Ronaldo in his back pocket? A guy touted as the next Maldini, a guy who has capped Italy, and captained the U21s. All Taylor has in his locker is a good freekick. It's a no brainer to start Santon.

All true and i expect Santon to be in the side against Villa. You can't forget Taylor's role in the season so far, though, and it would have represented mixed messages to the rest of the squad. Pardew's praised and played Taylor out of necessity, and he's scored twice, so by rights the shirt was his - signing or no signing. This is a player who, unfortunately, will probably feature in several games for us this season. It's difficult enough keeping an obvious filler-player happy, so slinging him straight away would have done nothing for his morale. It was an awkward decision for Pardew but i believe, all things considered in the long-run, the correct one. He's played again, done shit... now we can drop him at the correct time.

Pardew 4 - needs to be braver with team selection and use of subs. We could not link midfield and attack and ended up hoofing it to our poor strikers. If qpr had a decent striker he could have helped himself to a hatrick.

Krul 6. - good kicking and positioning.

Simpson 4 poor positioning, decent at times.

S Taylor 8 really impressive again. Our best player last night.

Colo 7 solid

R Taylor 3 - really out of his depth against swp, poor game.

Jonas 5 - tried to attack but spent too muchtime defending.

Cabaye - 5 overun

Tiote -5 overun

Shola 4 - we are really in trouble if he,s our main striker

Best 5 started brightly then faded

Ba 5 looked brighter than

Sammy came on in 87 minute should have started and looked bright ran at them and created. Something we clearly lacked

Clearly santon (or ferguson) and sammy should have started and possibly marveaux as well. Sammy could have played off best and been someone for our midfield to pass to and who could run at qpr.

dont really know what to say about the result....fair i guess?

4-4-2 doesn´t seem to work with these players....move on pardew or at least DON´T play ameobi....and especially not together with Best. pathetic attack....they are not good together....and we always end up kicking long for one of them to flick it on....and therefore imo (if playing best) ameobi should be replaced with someone else! Not enough movement!!!

Raylor was bad....SWP played well to be fair. looking forward to see Santon replace Raylor.

Again our main problem was to link up midfield and attack. Best and Ameobi not good together as said...cabaye, obertan and jonas should be able to provide some creativity from midfield. Can´t wait for Ben arfa to come back....play 1 striker (best or Ba) arfa behind him to link up play and provide more creativity.

Sometimes or often tiote should play faster. he holds the ball and dribbles in circles and looses the ball when he have options. he looked poor at times yesterday. But him and cabaye still have time to get there....they will become really go together....be arfa in front of them and we will become better in a 4-2-3-1 im sure.

I can't understand why Pardew keeps allowing these long ball tactics, we clearly have players now who are technically more than capable of playing on the deck. So why aren't we?. I like the looks of Marveux, I'd rather see him on the left and Jonas on the right if we insist on playing 4-4-2. Another that boggles me is with Shola starting all the time, surely Pardew can see that he is a waste of space and only hinders rather than helps the teams progress. Still a point is better than nothing I suppose, but it would have been nice to go above Chelsea last night.

A good point under the circumstances against a decent QPR side who were predictably "up for it". Definitely the type of game we've lost too many of in the past.

Don't know how or when they travelled to W.London but the kick off time and weather conditions probably added to the home advantage so any result was a good one.

Pards made a mistake playing 2 up front and the lack of creativity is a concern. We really need a fit HBA to get things going.

in the end 1 point was fair and good....still unbeaten!

but i think pardew got it totally wrong and should be blamed. He chose to "play it safe"...by that i mean. 4-4-2 long ball up to ameobi and best. Really is a joke to start ameobi when best offers the same and in every game this season our problem have been to link up midfield and attack.

to play it safe i mean long ball tactic and hope for a lucky chance in stead of playing good football on the deck which we have the players to do.

But im quite confident we will see Ba start ahead of ameobi against Villa....or :rant:

Its frustrating knowing that if we had of got at them, we could have won the game. We need to improve, and I fully expect two or three changes for Saturday and a better performance.

Keeping things in perspective, we are fourth, we are unbeaten and we have conceded one goal. With Marveaux, Ben Arfa and hopefully a up and running Ba, we should start looking better going forward.

I think the majority of us would have took where we are now at before the season started.

A shit manager with no game plan is my view. The team selection and game plan seemed extraordinarily stupid IMO. I'm happy to discuss it although I doubt Pards will be , the cockney twat.

Well my feeling is that he wasn't bold enough, but to supporters like me, the professionals often seem too conservative. Pardew would say that he got a point in a difficult situation.

Playing two centre forward types together does restrict a team, and so it proved. Maybe Pardew thinks the alternative would only work when Ben Arfa is fit and Marveaux is ready. He's perhaps going to use the Forest game to test that out.

It's not possible to tell from the screen, but I can only assume that Pardew is very good at organising a defence, because none of the back four looked particularly secure as individuals. One goal conceded in four league games says something.

The consoling thought is that if we can get a point while playing that badly, if we start playing well, we'll be flying.

Pardew 4 - needs to be braver with team selection and use of subs. We could not link midfield and attack and ended up hoofing it to our poor strikers. If qpr had a decent striker he could have helped himself to a hatrick.

Krul 6. - good kicking and positioning.

Simpson 4 poor positioning, decent at times.

S Taylor 8 really impressive again. Our best player last night.

Colo 7 solid

R Taylor 3 - really out of his depth against swp, poor game.

Jonas 5 - tried to attack but spent too muchtime defending.

Cabaye - 5 overun

Tiote -5 overun

Shola 4 - we are really in trouble if he,s our main striker

Best 5 started brightly then faded

Ba 5 looked brighter than

Sammy came on in 87 minute should have started and looked bright ran at them and created. Something we clearly lacked

Clearly santon (or ferguson) and sammy should have started and possibly marveaux as well. Sammy could have played off best and been someone for our midfield to pass to and who could run at qpr.

Not a chance. Simpson was one of our better players.

Marveaux was fit enough to play a full game in the cup, plus extra time.  What else does he have to do to prove he can play?

He was on a 'free' and he was available so he was bought. Unfortunately I think he was bought without much thought about how he is going to be deployed. I'm not convinced Pardew knows what to do with him.

I blame Sewelly for SWP's performance tonight.

Ryan Taylor made him look like f***ing Figo.

Mind, his end product was still s****.

???

He created 4 golden chances within the first half an hour, only to be let down by their incredible ability to miss sitter after sitter.. in comparison we didn't create 4 golden chances in the entire game.

The kind of attacking formation that I thought that Pardew was aiming for was something like -

.........Striker

Ben Arfa........Marveaux / Obertan

Cabaye...Tiote....Gosling / Jonas

Now maybe with Ben Arfa out in particular, Pardew figures that it wouldn't work. The other issue is that, with going to a three in midfield, you really need full backs who can support the attack down the wings. Maybe we'll see it tried fairly soon, but in the meantime, we stick with this rather crude style of play.

Like many though, I'm a bit mystified why Marveaux hasn't been given more minutes. Despite his size, he doesn't look overawed by the hurly-burly of English football. Like Modric, he seems able to cope with that side of things.

Before anyone starts, I'm not saying he's as good as Modric.

hello

I watched the game yesterday.

I thought your problem would be the defense, ultimately it is especially the attack.

Defence: very good Taylor and Colo. the other two I find average Santon bring more especially in attack.

Cabaye me disappointed, I expected better.

Tiote has recovered a lot but found someone to do the game

your attack should be reviewed. Jonas is too stock, it will be with the ball to the end, it is center, but he never made ​​the right choice, he keeps the ball over when to make the pass and made ​​bad passes when to dribble.

Obertan, one feels that he can make a difference but there is no support Tiote, several times he made gestures of annoyance to Jonas, but he must still do much better and be more available as well.

Ameobi, without comment. Ba as they are slow to put evil.

Best is good, I feel his ability to score if he receives good balls, he is compassionate, it must do more to appeal and he moves a little more.

Marvaux would be more useful than Jonas or Obertan,

Ben Arfa will be one that will lead to cohere in the game yesterday, the players threw the ball from defense to attack. settings were lost. and when a player has the ball and he finds someone he knows what to do with Ben Arfa then he will go directly to the attack on the ball by bringing two or three opposing players to him and allow other players to be free of any markings.