Aston Villa v NUFC - Sat 17th September 3PM

wormy

If we go 4-5-1, what would people want the midfield to be?

Tiote

Gosling  Cabaye

Marveaux                Jonas

That is what im expecting to be honest, not sure which forward would be best up top alone like.

Tiote

Gosling  Cabaye

Not bad. I think we'll definitely have more midfield presence with that line up, it's then just a case of getting Ryan Taylor to resist the temptation of hoofing the ball or better still, play Feguson and we might see us play the passing game we were all expecting this season.

Tiote

Gosling  Cabaye

Would swap Marveaux and Jonas as Marveaux is left footed and Jonas right footed.

Jonas offers more than Marveaux in defense so i want Jonas to cover Raylor. That's why i have Jonas on the left.

Here is the squad for tomorrow:

Newcastle United: Krul, Harper, Simpson, R. Taylor, Ferguson, Coloccini, S. Taylor, Tiote, Cabaye, Gutierrez, Marveaux, Obertan, Gosling, Guthrie, Smith, Ba, Shola Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Best, Sammy Ameobi.

No Elliot.

Christ, we must be going for it, there isn't a single natural defender on the bench. ???

Given that in that squad there are only three actual defenders (R.Taylor is right midfield as far as I am concerned) you would have thought that taking Kadar would have been sensible since he is probably the next best thing we have.

I also thought Tavernier finished his loan so even he could have been included, you have to give yourself the option even if it's an untested youth in my opinion.

edit: just gone on .co.uk and seen "Tavernier extends loan".  Given no defensive options right now that might be a little unwise.

I also thought Tavernier finished his loan so even he could have been included, you have to give yourself the option even if it's an untested youth in my opinion.

Extended his loan for 2 months with a 24hr release clause. Bit odd how Perch, Dummett and Kadar played for the stiffs and aren't included, like. You'd have thought one of them would replace Santon's 'place' in that squad before his injury the other day.

Given that in that squad there are only three actual defenders (R.Taylor is right midfield as far as I am concerned) you would have thought that taking Kadar would have been sensible since he is probably the next best thing we have.

edit: just gone on .co.uk and seen "Tavernier extends loan".  Given no defensive options right now that might be a little unwise.

Aye, it's a stupidly (talentless) attacking bench like

Would love to see Marveaux start, he should, but i doubt it'll happen :(

Yes he seems to rate Obertan who has all the natural ability (pace, strength and skill). But like Bramble and routledge who also had natural abilities just seems a little ineffective thus far (early days though it is). He shows what he's capable of in flashes, but certainly needs to do more.

Krul

Simpson  Taylor      Colo      Ferguson/Raylor

Tiote

Cabaye          Marveaux/Gosling

Jonas                                              Sammy

Best/Ba

After getting completely overun in our last game in midfield because they went three in the center we have to adapt to something similar as pardew more or less conceded afterwards. As someone like Bent will not miss the chances QPR had. We have to go with three in center midfield and one up top, we need the extra protection but more so the creativity this provides.  From what i've seen of the two so far i'd probably opt for Marveaux over Gosling but its very close as we haven't seen enough of either and Gosling has been impressing in the reserves. Cabaye as well as tracking back needs to support Jonas by getting forward when we are on the ball and make things happen more. Same for Marveaux/gosling with Sammy. Those two need to be making runs into Villa's box when we are attacking

Jonas on his right side should be able to cross alot better and Sammy causes havoc, he is the most creative player i have seen for us thus far as well as being a goal threat.

There is no point  playing two stikers if we cannot get them any service. Although Best has clearly been the better striker thus far. We have to give Ba a chance as the main striker at some point to see if he's up to it. This formation may suit Ba and if we can provide the kind of chances QPR managed to provide for Boothroyd he should score. All he has to do is stay up top, stay central and try and get on the end of the crosses and passes that should come his way. Ba to come back and help defend set plays.

We are pretty much a 451 when deffending and push the fullbacks up so we are almost a 253 when attacking (i can't wait till Santon's fit such a shame he got injured).

Pardew may go:

Krul

Simpson  Taylor      Colo      Raylor

Tiote

Cabaye          Marveaux/Gosling

Obertan                                              Jonas

Best/Ba   

Although i have a feeling Shola and Best will be accomodated somehow.

Here is the squad for tomorrow:

Newcastle United: Krul, Harper, Simpson, R. Taylor, Ferguson, Coloccini, S. Taylor, Tiote, Cabaye, Gutierrez, Marveaux, Obertan, Gosling, Guthrie, Smith, Ba, Shola Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Best, Sammy Ameobi.

No Elliot.

Everyones first two scratched surely?  Not sure who else should be taken out though.

So if Saylor or Colo get injured, we have Danny Simpson to cover and that is it  :embarassed: