Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

They are getting plenty of mileage elsewhere - the gates and its plaque, prominent signage clearly seen on tv, the reveal of the official kit on that tv PL special. Almost always a mention of Wonga somewhere.

I GENUINLEY can't understand Ashley's mentality on Pardew and Kinnear.

Yes, they're cheap. But any worthless material thats cheap won't work properly and will make things worse

As Pardew and Kinnear have proved.

Pardew gets good players and makes them FAR worse. Kinnear is....well, Kinnear

Love the pic of - Rob Lee is it ? With the MAOC shirt !

I think it's a trust problem.  When Ashley has left people to their own devices it's come back to bite him in the arse in some way.

- Allows Allardyce to sign players he wants, ends up stuck with utter rubbish on high wages

- Lets Chris Mort set up a "system", ends up with the manager quitting (rightly) with the others in the system completely despised by the fans and shit at their jobs

- Gets Llambias to run the club, despised by the fans, extremely hesitant in the transfer market to the point that Ashley apparently has to step in to push through purchases in January, fails completely to increase non-football revenues & signs a sponsorship contract that pisses off everyone

I don't know if Pardew was Ashley's mate before getting the job or Llambias' mate.  If it was the latter then it's another reason that Ashley might not trust people to do their jobs, if it's the former then it's probably why he's still here despite being demonstrably out of his depth.

For some bizarre reason it looks like he trusts JFK hence why he keeps turning to him despite him being a lunatic.

Ultimately Ashley's either going to have to bite the bullet and find someone to run the club that he doesn't know and initially trust but who can actually do the job and who knows how football works or he's going to have to be a lot more hands-on in running the club.

Yes, they're cheap. But any worthless material thats cheap won't work properly and will make things worse

I think it's a trust problem.  When Ashley has left people to their own devices it's come back to bite him in the arse in some way.

- Allows Allardyce to sign players he wants, ends up stuck with utter rubbish on high wages

- Lets Chris Mort set up a "system", ends up with the manager quitting (rightly) with the others in the system completely despised by the fans and shit at their jobs

- Gets Llambias to run the club, despised by the fans, extremely hesitant in the transfer market to the point that Ashley apparently has to step in to push through purchases in January, fails completely to increase non-football revenues & signs a sponsorship contract that pisses off everyone

I don't know if Pardew was Ashley's mate before getting the job or Llambias' mate.  If it was the latter then it's another reason that Ashley might not trust people to do their jobs, if it's the former then it's probably why he's still here despite being demonstrably out of his depth.

For some bizarre reason it looks like he trusts JFK hence why he keeps turning to him despite him being a lunatic.

Ultimately Ashley's either going to have to bite the bullet and find someone to run the club that he doesn't know and initially trust but who can actually do the job and who knows how football works or he's going to have to be a lot more hands-on in running the club.

I think you're very close to the mark.

Generally in his business dealings he works with people who he has known from the very start, or has known over time and promoted. It's clearly a fkn nightmare getting people in he feels comfortable with, and then when he does they turn out to have gained his trust by basically bullshitting just how good they are in a field he knows practically sod all about.

I think you're very close to the mark. :thup:

Generally in his business dealings he works with people who he has known from the very start, or has known over time and promoted. It's clearly a fkn nightmare getting people in he feels comfortable with, and then when he does they turn out to have gained his trust by basically bullshitting just how good they are in a field he knows practically sod all about.

I saw Sir John Hall on TV the other day for the unveiling of the gates & thought he's exactly what the club needs at this point, Ashley should beg him to come in and run things, then I realised that Ashley hates him and Shepherd for not disclosing some of the debts that needed to be repaid when the club was sold, etc.

- Lets Chris Mort set up a "system", ends up with the manager quitting (rightly) with the others in the system completely despised by the fans and s*** at their jobs

I saw Sir John Hall on TV the other day for the unveiling of the gates & thought he's exactly what the club needs at this point, Ashley should beg him to come in and run things, then I realised that Ashley hates him and Shepherd for not disclosing some of the debts that needed to be repaid when the club was sold, etc.

It doesn't matter if you get the right people to run the club, when the owner is a prick who's not commited in supporting them.The only solution is for Ashley to dell the club to someone else. Don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise.

Guest Howaythetoon

- Lets Chris Mort set up a "system", ends up with the manager quitting (rightly) with the others in the system completely despised by the fans and s*** at their jobs

Nothing gets done at NUFC without his say so, he may not exactly be hands on, but he has the final say.

To say its all down to trust is laughable, its not. Its down to him being an absolute cunt who also happens to be absolutely clueless about football. For us the ultimate recipe for disaster.

The man is a cancer to our club.

Nothing gets done at NUFC without his say so, he may not exactly be hands on, but he has the final say.

To say its all down to trust is laughable, its not. Its down to him being an absolute cunt who also happens to be absolutely clueless about football. For us the ultimate recipe for disaster.

The man is a cancer to our club.

We will come through this. As KK infered the club goes on, it is eternal and it's spirit is indestructable. That day might be a lot sooner than we can dare to dream about.

Found myself wanting West Ham to score late on on Saturday. Just sick to death of it all lately. If a total collapse of the entire club is what's needed to oust this cunt then so be it. The sooner the better. I want to enjoy my football again, believe in the club again, have an ambition, a direction. New signings, new manager, it's all of little consequence with this mug running the show. We need him out sharpish.

Sir John is 80 now and has Prostate cancer - there is NO way he could run the club now and after he stepped down as Chairman for health reasons in 1997, there were plenty of people who were prepared to rubbish his contribution by saying he only did it for the money.....

Would YOU want all that again at 80....?? He was, and remains, the best Chairman/owner that NUFC have ever had and we will be lucky to get anyone similar in the foreseeable future.