Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

It's strange timing though. I mean it's not like he's saying this in January. If he doesn't do anything this summer this speech will still be fresh in everyone's memory.

Yeah, but he's sowed a seed of hope for some now and they'll be willing to #wait

It's strange timing though. I mean it's not like he's saying this in January. If he doesn't do anything this summer this speech will still be fresh in everyone's memory.

I think he will do the classic in the summer if we sell up. Sell three of our bigger names, bring in £30m. Spend £60m on new players. Media makes out he's really going for it, reality is he's spent fuck all... just the money saved and the money made from sales.

He has to back those words up with huge sums of money now. He kept saying how he won't leave until he wins something (and he counts 4th spot upwards as that) so he will have to spend to a huge amount to overhaul us to do that.

If everything he said was true, and he's now "bolting the horse on" to the financial cart. And he's going to go all out...it's still very telling (and worrying) he pointed to DL's appointment of Pardew like it was some sort of positive. Very telling :(

Well, he's self-admittedly completely clueless about football and running a football club. For him to want to defer to people who should know better is not that bad. The problem is he hasn't surrounded him with a host of good football people.

Never lost faith in the man, has kept us in the Premier League. Victory for all Newcastle. #AshleyIn

What you doing man? - Nobody is forgetting what cunts got us in to this mess.

:lol:

He has to spend well over 50 million net this summer to convince me he really gives a shit. I have an atom sized amount of respect for him for finally having the balls to talk to the fans directly  but we have heard promises before that has been broken.

It's never going to happen, but he needs the biggest clear out from Charnley to the alleged coaching staff and replacing with people who are not

His mates

Former tea boys who have been at the club for decades

'Boyhood fans' with a passion for the club

Mates of the ex-manager

Basically, hire people with an actual aptitude for the role they are filling.