Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

fwiw I firmly believe this to be true....while he's an obvious c*** and the situation is a direct result of his overall policy in running the club there's no way imo he would have ever intended to let things get this far

once again I reckon he's placed his trust in someone who is incapable of doing the job they're supposed to perform - charnley

Whilst there may be something to this scenario, it boggles the mind that he placed his trust in someone who had been promoted from the depths of the organisation, had no suitable experience, has no charisma or leadership and has not once demonstrated an iota of competence.

If he'd hired an experienced or competent Chairman or DoF, then he'd have grounds to be furious. What he's done is the equivalent of hiring a child as a Formula One driver and then getting mad when there's a crash.

Pretty much, he only has himself to blame.  I dont even think he is furious.

It's well established that Ashley has done this for years in SD, promoted from within to inspire loyalty and he sticks with people he trusts. Hasn't Charnley been at the club 15 years or something? It's not unreasonable to think he's strung Ashley along about how much he can achieve and knows etc. and now here we are.

Who knows if he's furious or not but he's hardly likely to be fucking happy is he?

Guest chopey

Charnley was a Secretary and Carver put the cones out ! these two probably meet every week at the pub for quiz night and now they are in control of one of the biggest clubs in Great Britain

fwiw I firmly believe this to be true....while he's an obvious c*** and the situation is a direct result of his overall policy in running the club there's no way imo he would have ever intended to let things get this far

once again I reckon he's placed his trust in someone who is incapable of doing the job they're supposed to perform - charnley

Whilst there may be something to this scenario, it boggles the mind that he placed his trust in someone who had been promoted from the depths of the organisation, had no suitable experience, has no charisma or leadership and has not once demonstrated an iota of competence.

If he'd hired an experienced or competent Chairman or DoF, then he'd have grounds to be furious. What he's done is the equivalent of hiring a child as a Formula One driver and then getting mad when there's a crash.

It's well established that Ashley has done this for years in SD, promoted from within to inspire loyalty and he sticks with people he trusts. Hasn't Charnley been at the club 15 years or something? It's not unreasonable to think he's strung Ashley along about how much he can achieve and knows etc. and now here we are.

Who knows if he's furious or not but he's hardly likely to be f***ing happy is he?

Previous history of Ashley's running of the club tells me he isn't furious, this is the gamble he is taking running th club on such a shitty low budget. 

Already relegated once

5th Place finished and refused to add to the squad the following season.

Almost relegated again.

Second half of the season completly thrown away.

On the brink of relegation.

There is pattern here.

If he's furious it should be with himself. He could have changed manager any time but he has stuck with Carver to the bitter end. Who's faults that? His own.

I don't know why he'd turn up for this game. His presence is likely to poison what is already likely to be an atmosphere mixed with high tension/apathy/rage. Maybe he wants to witness the results of the power he wields in action. "See all these angry people? I caused that".

If he's furious it should be with himself. He could have changed manager any time but he has stuck with Carver to the bitter end. Who's faults that? His own.

I don't know why he'd turn up for this game. His presence is likely to poison what is already likely to be an atmosphere mixed with high tension/apathy/rage. Maybe he wants to witness the results of the power he wields in action. "See all these angry people? I caused that".

Closer to the mark I think. I believe he's enjoyed gagging the city's sporting heartbeat, tearing the soul out of the place, after he was called naughty names & was told to sod off in the wake of Keegangate.

Hope his helicopter doesn't crash on the way to the game.

If just like to echo this sentiment. I also hope he isn't assaulted and ends his day in the RVI.

Would be awful if a daftie got hold of him and smashed the living fuck out of him today. Hope that doesn't happen. 

Closer to the mark I think. I believe he's enjoyed gagging the city's sporting heartbeat, tearing the soul out of the place, after he was called naughty names & was told to sod off in the wake of Keegangate.

Agree with yous there. 100% know he gets a kick out of all this. Pathetic little man.

Him turning up today (as I see it) is another trolling of the fans coupled with a big 'Fuck You's'. He really is an awful person. :(

Of course it is. If he was arsed about showing support for the staff and players he'd have been there throughout. He wants to laugh at us, no matter the outcome.

Who knows if he's furious or not but he's hardly likely to be f***ing happy is he?

Previous history of Ashley's running of the club tells me he isn't furious, this is the gamble he is taking running th club on such a shitty low budget. 

Already relegated once

5th Place finished and refused to add to the squad the following season.

Almost relegated again.

Second half of the season completly thrown away.

On the brink of relegation.

There is pattern here.

this just backs up what I'm saying though in way, his stubborn decision to stick with Pardew almost relegated us as has his stubborn or neglectful decision to back the decisions that charnley has made this season

I just don't like the idea some people have that he's very hands on day-to-day and this is all some evil scheme to avoid relegation by a single point or whatever as long as we're making money, it's fucking nonsense

the fact he should have intervened a long time ago in this current fuckfest is a different thing entirely

He can't be upset or fuming or angry at the current state the club is in.  He constantly runs it at the bottom end.  Its his management structure that's in place and his finance model which inhibit the club from progressing.  This season was another calculated risk of being able to stay in the league by doing it on the cheap. His gamble is almost on the brink of failure.  Past seasons suggest he is happy to get enough points on the board by Jan then basically stop making any effort to continue.  We should be kicked out the league for treating the league as an inconvenience to business.

He can't be upset or fuming or angry at the current state the club is in.  He constantly runs it at the bottom end.  Its his management structure that's in place and his finance model which inhibit the club from progressing.  This season was another calculated risk of being able to stay in the league by doing it on the cheap. His gamble is almost on the brink of failure.  Past seasons suggest he is happy to get enough points on the board by Jan then basically stop making any effort to continue.  We should be kicked out the league for treating the league as an inconvenience to business.

just going round in circles man, you presumably assume he made the decision to appoint carver and then later stick with him himself when I don't think he has that level of day to day involvement...I imagine he's firmly pissed off with the performance of the people he's chosen to run the club since January and has probably been given shitloads of assurances that have turned out to be total bollocks and could potentially cost him a load of money as a result

i'm not defending Ashley or anything of the sort but I'd be utterly amazed if he was personally involved in the decision-making that got us here this time, beyond leaving charnley in charge in the first place