Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

The interesting bit is the Amanda Staveley nda, first time thats been reported.

The article states that Staveley's group haven't signed an NDA, but that three other interested parties have. Would copy the article across, but difficult on my phone.

I've just read it there mate, I was going off what the guy tweeted.

Heres the (small) article:

Newcastle interest grows

There are three separate groups of potential investors conducting due diligence at Newcastle United in addition to PCP Capital Partners, which is run by Amanda Staveley, who held informal talks with club officials at St James’ Park last weekend. Unlike PCP, the other interested parties have signed non-disclosure agreements and are pushing for a quick deal, ideally before the next Premier League TV rights package is completed in February, which they all expect to have an inflationary effect. Mike Ashley, the owner, also wants a quick sale as he is keen to avoid an outlay in the January transfer window on an asset of which he is in the process of disposing, having conceded that Newcastle’s squad requires strengthening

The interesting bit is the Amanda Staveley nda, first time thats been reported.

The article states that Staveley's group haven't signed an NDA, but that three other interested parties have. Would copy the article across, but difficult on my phone.

I've just read it there mate, I was going off what the guy tweeted.

Heres the (small) article:

Newcastle interest grows

There are three separate groups of potential investors conducting due diligence at Newcastle United in addition to PCP Capital Partners, which is run by Amanda Staveley, who held informal talks with club officials at St James’ Park last weekend. Unlike PCP, the other interested parties have signed non-disclosure agreements and are pushing for a quick deal, ideally before the next Premier League TV rights package is completed in February, which they all expect to have an inflationary effect. Mike Ashley, the owner, also wants a quick sale as he is keen to avoid an outlay in the January transfer window on an asset of which he is in the process of disposing, having conceded that Newcastle’s squad requires strengthening

Thats all the confirmation needed. This is just an excuse to not spend in January.

Looking that way to me. There might be interest, but I can't see anything happening so quickly.

Thats all the confirmation needed. This is just an excuse to not spend in January.

Looking that way to me. There might be interest, but I can't see anything happening so quickly.

Just a larger scale, more infuriating version of 'we tried ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ '.

I don't know if im kidding myself or not but I've got a genuine feeling that this time its real/happening, based on fuck all really apart from hope.

We're all hoping for the best, but past experience of this shitbag owner really does destroy the same hope.

What I can see killing any deal based on my fantastic knowledge of finance and business in general, is sports direct.

The business is worth a good bit more to Ashley than an independent / non arsehole would value it. Due to the free and huge exposure sports direct get.

It was estimated the advertising was worth £25m a year to sports direct. So for Ashley to let it go he'd understandably want way more than the market value of the club. Unless as has been mentioned, he leaves but sports direct get a ten year sponsorship deal. Euuurgh.

Aye, I’d take it. If we are being bought out by a rich individual who wants to make us a competing force with funds then they will have to do down the advertising routes. This would mean that they would likely buy out Soorts Direct in anyway, much like Chelsea has bought out various shirt manufacturers contracts.

What I can see killing any deal based on my fantastic knowledge of finance and business in general, is sports direct.

The business is worth a good bit more to Ashley than an independent / non arsehole would value it. Due to the free and huge exposure sports direct get.

I think for mike now it's about his new project the "Selfridges of sport". The only problem is how tied in is our club shop with sd?

Id hope anyone could maybe factor the advertisement into the sale price. Sports Direct are supposed to be paying for the advertisement now anyway.

Supposed to be. They mentioned the possibility in the accounts one year and it's never been raised again. :rolleyes:

To buy out the exposure SD gets in the Premier League, I can easily imagine Ashley adding £100m to his asking price. It's the reason any objective valuation of the club is pretty meaningless IMO.

Amanda Stavely apparently holding talks with FSG for a potential Liverpool takeover according to reports...

Leading financier Amanda Staveley has made initial soundings about Liverpool’s availability, according to reports.

The Sunday Mirror say that Staveley, who runs PCP Capital Partners, a fund with global assets of more than £28billion, wants to acquire the Merseyside giants.

The investor was at the 1-1 draw between Newcastle and Liverpool last weekend – although it was reported she was set to meet with Mike Ashley over the potential sale of the Tyneside club.