Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

the man is worth £2 billion, ffs that's £2000 million! what sort of hole would an investment of £50 million put in that? it's 2.5% of his worth, he'll make that in either interest of more profit from his business, it's obviously got personal, no doubt about it.

not too keen on the idea myself, we hate chelsea and citeh for being a rich mans plaything and earning f*** all so can't say I'd be happy if we done exactly that.

Aren't we already a rich mans plaything, just that ours spends f*** all on us.

well I suppose he has spent over 100mill on us but that was clearing the bank debt (and I have no doubt he'll get that back one way or another). you surely don't need it spelling out the difference between say,abramovic and ashley ?

Guest bimpy474

the man is worth £2 billion, ffs that's £2000 million! what sort of hole would an investment of £50 million put in that? it's 2.5% of his worth, he'll make that in either interest of more profit from his business, it's obviously got personal, no doubt about it.

not too keen on the idea myself, we hate chelsea and citeh for being a rich mans plaything and earning f*** all so can't say I'd be happy if we done exactly that.

well I suppose he has spent over 100mill on us but that was clearing the bank debt (and I have no doubt he'll get that back one way or another). you surely don't need it spelling out the difference between say,abramovic and ashley ?

Nope, i thought was pretty clear in the point i made in my previous post.

must've misunderstood it. I don't see us as a play thing for ashley, we are very much a business, as opposed to abramovic and chelsea.

Guest bimpy474

must've misunderstood it. I don't see is as a play thing for ashley, we are very much a business, as opposed to abramovic and chelsea.

Ah i see what you mean. I think Ashley did indeed buy us as a plaything, it went tits up with the bad decisions he's made and now he treats us just like any other of his businesses. Not losing money as the aim in the short term (and to get his loan back in the long term, which was his own fault for not doing the due diligence).

We suffer because he fucked up multiple times, rather annoying to say the least.

must've misunderstood it. I don't see is as a play thing for ashley, we are very much a business, as opposed to abramovic and chelsea.

Ah i see what you mean. I think Ashley did indeed buy us as a plaything, it went tits up with the bad decisions he's made and now he treats us just like any other of his businesses. Not losing money as the aim in the short term (and to get his loan back in the long term, which was his own fault for not doing the due diligence).

We suffer because he f***ed up multiple times, rather annoying to say the least.

we'd have suffered either way as no one who done due dilligence would've bought us (see belgravia and polygon).

I don't think he bought us as a plaything, for me his plan was to invest a little in order to sell later and make a profit while also getting exposure for his other companies. he had to onvest more than he wanted after the purchase and he's running it to a business plan.  we couldn't be much more different to chelsea.

Wrong - we DON'T hate Chelsea and Spurs because they are rich men's playthings...we hate them because we are not in the same league but have bigger crowds.

I couldn't give a toss how we get success as long as we get it and you are forgetting that in the 90s WE were the ones doing the spending with SJH and KK - remember Shearer etc ?

Ashley blew 100m back in 2008 gambling on one of the financial companies shares rising to a certain level by a certain time...he lost.

100m would have bought us some team, wouldn't it, esp if KK had been spending it....?

Wrong - we DON'T hate Chelsea and Spurs because they are rich men's playthings...we hate them because we are not in the same league but have bigger crowds.

I couldn't give a toss how we get success as long as we get it and you are forgetting that in the 90s WE were the ones doing the spending with SJH and KK - remember Shearer etc ?

speak for yourself, I don't hate spurs, as far as I'm aware their spending is based on what they've earned and their own risk (debt), like we did, SJH didn't give a hand out, a hand in if anything as he was a taker out of cash unlike abramovic.meanwhile many complain that that sort of thing is killing the game.

so what about ashleys gambling, it's his money, why don't you put more of your money into the club ?

speak for yourself, I don't hate spurs, as far as I'm aware their spending is based on what they've earned and their own risk (debt), like we did, SJH didn't give a hand out, a hand in if anything as he was a taker out of cash unlike abramovic.meanwhile many complain that that sort of thing is killing the game.

so what about ashleys gambling, it's his money, why don't you put more of your money into the club ?

Probably because it won't be spent on the club?

Ashley blew 100m back in 2008 gambling on one of the financial companies shares rising to a certain level by a certain time...he lost.

100m would have bought us some team, wouldn't it, esp if KK had been spending it....?

If he lost 100m in 2008, how did he double his 2007 net wealth by 2010?

[/Philosoraptor]

If he lost 100m in 2008, how did he double his 2007 net wealth by 2010?

[/Philosoraptor]

I know it's thinking out of the box, is it possible that he made more in 2 years than he lost in 1 year?

Not saying you're wrong but hasn't it always been up for sale really? Unless he's prepared to take less money for it than before, what makes now any different and what form does "being on sale" take in this instance?

I will tell you all now we are up for sale !!!...

Don't be joking on dis matter pls

close friend with DL's son and let me tell you all it is up for sale !!

I'm not calling you a liar like, but it's obvs gonna be scrutinised. Actively up for sale though?

where did I use the word 'actively !

All I know is that DL is involved in looking for a buyer...when I say up for sale I mean he is actively looking for buyers..and also I will let you know (as I am sure we are all aware ) he does have people looking on this forum too :)

Is it progressing well? Are things moving along positively in the sale?

My only thought is that if you're actively looking to sell something in any walk of life, you make it as known as possible you want to sell.

Unless they're only looking to sell to someone in MA/DL's circle.

Not if you want to get a good price for it you don't.