Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

If she's got £7bn then it's going to be Liverpool or even manu

Liverpool have knocked her back twice, even after she offered £1.2bn.

I'm still not clear whether it's her offering £1.2bn or she's doing it on behalf of some other party. If she is looking to buy a club personally then she'd want Liverpool I'd have thought, since that's the club she supports. Why would she want to spend a daft amount on a club which she doesn't follow?

See Ashley, Fat Mike

I'm still not clear whether it's her offering £1.2bn or she's doing it on behalf of some other party. If she is looking to buy a club personally then she'd want Liverpool I'd have thought, since that's the club she supports. Why would she want to spend a daft amount on a club which she doesn't follow?

I´m sure she represents someone else.. She doesn´t buy things to own herself, she buy stuff for her clients.

The net worth of each individual listed in the Daily Star article (just for fun):

Robert Kraft: $6.2bn

Mikhail Prokhorov: $8.9bn

Mark Zuckerberg: $72.5bn

Tilman Fertitta:$3.5bn

Richard Branson: $5.1bn

The Pussy Grabber: $3.5bn

So yeah, we'll take Zuckerberg.

Mark Zuckerberg needs a new playtoy, preferably one that plays in black and white.

Think Branson would be great though, guy has bundles of ambition, always hoped when we had Virgin ties he'd rescue us.

I´m sure she represents someone else.. She doesn´t buy things to own herself, she buy stuff for her clients.

One of them is the Qatari Royal Family apparently. :lol:

Please can her interest be true, have some sort of substance.

One of them is not like the others :lol:

It'd be just our luck that we'd end up with someone like Trump :lol:

It would be the best relegation yet, the best. A relegation like no other. Nobody knows relegation like Donald. There is nobody that knows more. Nobody. The best.

Without trying to be too negative there's nothing substantial in that article at all :lol: even the 7bn part says "it's been reported" by who exactly?

My guess is they have completely mangled this:

The financier says her firm, PCP Capital Partners, is owed massive fees for helping Barclays raise £7 billion from Qatar and Abu Dhabi at the height of the financial crisis in 2008.

My God, the chronicle are spamming their "articles" on twitter! Must have had like a hundred since the statement. Saying f*** all.. Just saying the same things in different ways  :lol:

I just got an alert through their app (which seems to be much better than the web site, when it comes to pop ups) that there are fresh talks with Amanda planned.

One of them is the Qatari Royal Family apparently. :lol:

Please can her interest be true, have some sort of substance.

I can´t see an international investment banker like Mrs Staveley that spend half the year in the gulf and the other half in London visiting St.James on a whim.. She was here for a reason even if it might have been for all the wrong reasons as far as I know.

If there's a genuine intent for Ashley to sell, I just hope we end up with someone low-key with a good business acumen and some knowledge of top flight football - how you have to speculate to accumulate, how you're probably not going to make any money, and how having a manager like Rafa Benitez is basically priceless. He's happy to be here, has ridiculous stature in the game, gets the area and wants to progress the club in the long term with the full backing of the fanbase. It's all in place ffs.

Couldn't give a shite how many billions any new owner has, Ashley is loaded and it hasn't helped us in the slightest because he doesn't get football, or Newcastle. Even worse, he thinks he knows better than anyone else and has consistently surrounded himself and the club with clueless fuckwits. All a new owner has to do is to stay out of the way, keep things ticking over and allow Benitez to do his thing as far as possible.

Be honest with the fans, keep their promises and above all, try. Sounds so fucking difficult, doesn't it. :rolleyes: