Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Caulkin!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/amanda-staveley-set-to-make-quick-bid-for-newcastle-united-7fhrd7mc9?shareToken=e09df677d6503ce094c853681cccc05b

PREMIER LEAGUE

Amanda Staveley set to make quick bid for Newcastle United

George Caulkin, Northern Sports Correspondent

October 19 2017, 12:01am, The Times

Staveley, second right, attended Newcastle’s game against Liverpool this monthOWEN HUMPHREYS/PA

Amanda Staveley is expected to launch a bid for Newcastle United, according to sources in the City, after the British businesswoman held a constructive meeting with the club’s hierarchy.

Staveley, who runs PCP Capital Partners and is reported to control £28 billion of investments from the Middle East and China, is understood to be pushing for a speedy purchase.

She met Lee Charnley, Newcastle’s managing director, and Justin Barnes, a long-time associate of Mike Ashley, the owner, after the recent home match against Liverpool, a club Staveley has previously attempted to buy. More progress was made at another meeting this weekend. The same City sources said that Staveley and Newcastle had signed a non-disclosure agreement (NDA). Neither party was prepared to comment last night.

The Financial Times has reported that four groups have agreed NDAs with Newcastle, a precursor to discussions about a price and then the undertaking of due diligence, but Staveley is understood to be the frontrunner.

In a statement on Monday, Ashley put the club on the market, although Barnes has been seeking outside investment for much of 2017. The sportswear retailer has twice failed to sell Newcastle, which he has owned for a decade.

Ideally, Ashley wishes to cut his ties with the club before the January transfer window, allowing new owners to invest in the team. Tensions arose over the summer after Rafa Benítez, the manager, expressed concern at the slow pace of team strengthening. That timescale would not faze Staveley.

Reuters has reported that PCP values Newcastle at £300 million and is prepared to invest another £150 million on players over the next two years. Ashley is believed to be seeking closer to £400 million.

Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope.  Don't hope. 

We're gonna win the league!  And the world Cup!  And the southern Idaho women's netball championship!  :frantic:

150m set aside for buying players over two years (4 transfer windows) isn't enough in today's market imo. Hopefully this figure doesn't include commercial/advertising revenue, if the Sports Direct shackles are removed.

There's only 4 clubs with a net spend of over £150m over the last 5 years.

Everyone needs to chill.  I dont even think we're at the Barry Moat stage of this 'deal' yet and that was the biggest red herring so far.  Based on Ashley's lie filled career he's had here it's best to hope for nowt and expect to be let down.

Anything else is a bonus.

Now the lack of denials from someone credible is the stumbling block in my negativity but this is Ashley they're dealing with so im expecting It'll end in tears.  :frantic: :frantic:

Sounds like Caulkin doesn't know anything extra.

I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up.

But he's confirming the FT story and there are actual figures being bandied about with no one denying them from either PCP or the club. For the first time I am starting to think this could be happening.

Sounds like Caulkin doesn't know anything extra.

I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up.

But he's confirming the FT story and there are actual figures being bandied about with no one denying them from either PCP or the club. For the first time I am starting to think this could be happening.

If someone told me that Ashley said tomorrow was Friday, I wouldn't believe it. 

150m set aside for buying players over two years (4 transfer windows) isn't enough in today's market imo. Hopefully this figure doesn't include commercial/advertising revenue, if the Sports Direct shackles are removed.

It'll be £300m investment in transfers on top of whatever the club already has available to spend (from the TV money).

It'll be £300m investment in transfers on top of whatever the club already has available to spend (from the TV money).

Where the fuck do you get that?