Newcastle United 2 - 2 Tottenham - 16/10/11 - Post-match reaction from page 40

Dave

Newcastle                        Yids

57.9 Territorial Advantage 42.1

448     Total Passes         372

28     Total Crosses         10

We played well, plenty of passing, plenty of balls in and around the box.

disagree.

He was.

nah, its just easy for people to whinge at the players that get involved a lot, and things dont come off. I bet the spurs players didnt think he was wank. Fantastic game today, tremendous effort. Give the team credit as a whole stop picking out individauls. You can quote me on this anytime later in the season- this bloke is going to be good for us.

:thup:

Newcastle                        Yids

57.9 Territorial Advantage 42.1

448     Total Passes         372

28     Total Crosses         10

We played well, plenty of passing, plenty of balls in and around the box.

Good to see the stats, thougt it would be something like that.

Will have the Spurs fans at work mouthing on about how we were lucky etc etc.. and they obviously won't be able to comprehend what they actually saw with their own eyes so some stats will work just fine :thup:

cringeworthy comments from the spuds.  Obviously watching a different game.

Had one sat behind me watching it in the pub. Just kept screaming 'givit Baaayuw!  givit Baaayuw!' in his horrible cockney accent every time they attempted to break in the dying stages.  I wanted to inform him I know a person with the internet pseudonym 'Wearside' and that if he didn't shut the fuck up, I'd have that person leave him needing his jaw wiring.

Who gave the penalty?

The incident happened and the ref gave nothing.

He looked at the linesman and gave nothing.

He started running to the penalty area and gave nothing

When he got to Adebayor he then decides to give a pen.

It took between 5 and 10 seconds after the incident for him to give the pen and most people in the Leazes thought he was running over to book Adebayor for diving. Did Sky mention it at all?

Good point, was definitely a penalty but it did look like it wasn't given, even Adebayor fell back to the floor with his hands on his head (iirc) in disbelief that it wasn't given on the replays so he must have seen something from the ref that initially said no.

Ref just took his time as he was in his right to do. Bit well aside from I thought the pen decision at the end was 70/30 a pen.

I was sure he was going to book Adebayor as it looked like a dive to me at first. There's definitely contact, but he did make the most of it. In the end it was the right decision, even if it shouldn't come ten seconds after the incident.

At least he had a think about it...10 seconds wow!

Cant camplain tbh, looked dodgy, had a think about it then gave it.

Nothing to moan about really.

Taylor has been itchin to give a pen away recently.  Its finally out of his system, he can reboot and start over.

I had gone into this season with a very negative attitude - about football in general as well as NUFC, but the way things appear to be developing, and the way we are playing and competing, it's making me feel good again :)

Cheers lads :clap:

I had gone into this season with a very negative attitude - about football in general as well as NUFC, but the way things appear to be developing, and the way we are playing and competing, it's making me feel good again :)

Cheers lads :clap:

aye

Haven't seen the match yet but reading on here it seems we played well (stats and opinions) but overall, to come back twice and share the points with Tottenham would make it difficult for even the most cynical individual to be negative.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but how reassuring is it to have a keeper not afraid to come off his line and win pretty much everything in the air?

Absolutely love Krul.

that fking save from deaffo man.

Haven't seen the match yet but reading on here it seems we played well (stats and opinions) but overall, to come back twice and share the points with Tottenham would make it difficult for even the most cynical individual to be negative.

the last half hour was pure theatre today, we hoyed everything at them. was great stuff.