On This Day... Personal Memories

TheGuv

Guest Haris Vuckic

Watched it with a bar full of Juve fans in Florence as I was on a school trip.

Responsible teachers :lol:

Pretty much any bar in Italy will have been packed with Juve fans, they are the Man United of Italy.

I loved that night, It was amazing just to see some of their - already - legendary players - let alone beating them and seeing a couple of them put in the stands - most notably Nedved ha!

I remember it well. Not on this day but two weeks away to say on this day I remember that night in Rotterdam. The best footballing memory ever!

Was round the then other halves listening to it on the radio with massive headphones on. Nearly flipped the bed with excitement when Bellamy scored that goal.

18 years since the famous two Le Tissier (irritatingly called Le Teesier by Roger Thames on the end of the season video) goals at The Dell. Remember listening to it on the radio and bing fuming at the result! It was the start of Le Tissier's role as our chief tormentor.

Going back another year and Jim Dobbin's last minute wonder strike ended our eleven win run in Division 1. Never has a day fell so flat as that Grimsby game.

Not sure for the Juve game, but I can remember the Champions League crowds we had werent really that great. I was about 18 then. Sitting in the front row of the Strawberry Corner. Could hardly see anything I was that close. Remember the goal though.

Six years since the Owen inspired win at WBA. Struggling to think of a better gol the little twerp scored for us than his first. Cracking volley tbf.

Rare decent day on the road under the Sou Ness Monster.

I know he isn't but big Mike looks photoshopped to fuck there.

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nechronical/nov2010/8/9/united-players-pile-on-top-of-kevin-nolan-after-he-scored-united-s-second-814123448.jpg

Early morning start, match watched in the Crown & Anchor pub in Las Vegas with a few ciders, breakfast at the Luxor then a rather giddy day out on the Strip/Downtown surrounded by people in costumes. Absolutely incredible day.

Was the day we wet my little lads head who was born a few days earlier.

Was also the day he wore his first ever Toon Strip as a good luck charm for the derby.

Watched the pub in Sleepers East Boldon with a client split of 80% Mackems to 20% Geordies and the atmosphere just kept getting better as each goal went in.

Was staying Seaham with the missus at here grandparents house.  Was supposed to be back at for tea at about 5, got in at about 9 pissed as a fart with a big grin on me face.  Oh forget to mention, they're mackems, doesn't get much sweeter than that  :smug:

When the opening music started up for MOTD, her grandad finally speaks to me "I'm off to bed mate, night"  :lol:

As its halloween and all.....

I was watching match of the day, late one night

When my eyes beheld an eerie sight

Nolan scored and began to rise

And suddenly to my surprise

He did the dance

He did the chicken dance

The Chicken dance

It was a Tyneside smash

He did the dance

It caught on in a flash

He did the dance

He did the chicken dance.....

Guest Roger Kint

Cracking way to celebrate Halloween, last years really was an amazing day. Did anyone see the lad with the blowjob fancy dress outfit after the game around Central?  ;D

On the CL games, my biggest memory was Griffin smashing through Di Vaio and that look on his face as if to say 'WTF just hit me?'  :lol: