On This Day... Personal Memories

TheGuv

was it on Setanta?  Seem to remember watching it in me flat in Heaton.  I shared with 2 lasses.  They had their mates round, some of which were fit, and were all getting ready for a night out, while I sat in the living room shouting obscenities at the TV.  Made a right tit of meself.

Weren't we also close to re-signing Woodgate that January too, but he went to the Spuds?

Lost 6-0 to Man U with the score at 0-0 at HT :lol:

Smith got sent off too.

Felt so much Apathy that day as i was convinced things would get much better with Allardyce gone.

Not that it mattered but one of their goals came from one of the worst dives I've ever seen, while another didn't cross the line. Up the other end we were denied a clear penalty and had a goal wrongly disallowed. Bastards.

Lost 6-0 to Man U with the score at 0-0 at HT :lol:

Smith got sent off too.

Felt so much Apathy that day as i was convinced things would get much better with Allardyce gone.

Ah yes, I was there, Alan Smith sent off for arguing if their 6th crossed the line or not.

Aye Keegan was going to buy him and we had talks with him but he opted to go to Boro instead. Or was it spurs? Can't remember. I do remember being absolutely gutted about that

left Burra to join the Spuds instead of us.

yeah, i was gutted too. i think he did want to come back but somehow ended up signing for spurs

My first Premier League game, 1994 (I'd been to a game as a 5 year old in the old Division Two against Ipswich in 1990). Southampton, right in the front row of one of the behind the goal stands, can't remember which one. Remember chants such as "dodgy keeper" aimed at Beasant all game, "Super Hooper" (:lol:) and "Big nose, he's got a fucking big nose" at Le Tissier.

• 2 weeks later...

6 years ago today - Shearer scored his record breaking goal against Portsmouth. Also, Roeder's first game in charge for us.

Where the everlasting Shola provided him with a sublime backheel to set the chance up. :lol: