Blackburn 4 - 3 Newcastle - 26/10/11 (CC - after ET) - post match from page 69

Rich

We're missing 3 players from the spine of the team. Always going to be difficult.

:lol: Is one of those Best?

Erm, yes. Not sure why it's funny.

:lol: Taylor and Tiote I obviously understand, huge loss, especially considering their replacements... but Best for Ben Arfa? Howay, it's not an argument you can make at the start of the game is it?

Yes it is. A lot of teams play better with 2 strikers in the team. Ba plays better with Best.

If we play HBA off Ba a lot of the time we'll essentially be playing 4-6-0.

Well we were obviously going to lose at some point. Would have liked to get through to the next round but I'll not lose too much sleep about it. For whatever reason we seem destined to always f*** up in the cups.

To be frank, by the accounts of the people at the game we've been rubbish; as poor as we've played all season apparently. The penalty decision is going to take some focus off this.

Pretty much my thoughts. We've rode our luck of late and been teetering on the edge of a bad result. If push came to shove, I would have chosen our s*** performance to be tonight. I dont like being too negative when it comes to our chances but the last 8 contains, Man U, Man C, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea. Not a cat in hells chance if winning it with such a strong pool of sides left.

Onwards and upwards.

Didnt realise all those teams were still in it. Made me feel bit better knowing that.

Still sad to lose the unbeaten run and sounds like alot of the senior players didnt step up tonight, jonas, cabaye etc plus there guna be de-moralised and tired now but hopefully can get going again against stoke who also lost tonight