Stoke City 1 - 3 Newcastle United - 31/10/11 - post-match reaction from page 52

Dave

Guest VaVaVoom

Absolutely fuckin delighted with that! Well done boys and well done AP. Really starting to think AP has what it takes to be a top manager.

We werent great attacking-wise but we were solid and combative and once again we have shown what we are all about. The team spirit and comradary within the group is top notch. Best defensive record and tonight reiterated that. Give Colo the contract he deserves!

Ben Arfa and Santon rightly struggling to get into the team at the minute, Obertan done well but id still have Marveaux in against Everton.

22 points after 10 games, 7 points gap between us and 7th. Pressure is definitely off. Batter Everton and we can really have a go at Man U, City and Chelski without any pressure at all.

We WILL be in european competition next season. Demba Ba will get us 15+ and if he does, give him the number 9.

Remember years ago when Arsenal got found out? Teams went and bullied them about and the results came, how well have they done since then? I'd love it if this was the turning point for Stoke. Like someone said earlier, the team went there tonight and played football while most teams go and try to play Stoke at their own game. Hopefully more teams go and exploit their weaknesses because they definitely have them. The Premier League desperately needs to see the end of this long ball s****.

Arsenal were never "found out". The quality of their players declined and they became more vulnerable. Most teams are too overwhelmed at the Brittania to try and play football. The top sides have enough quality that they can enforce their style of play on anyone. It is a credit to the legitimate quality in the side that we can accomplish this.

I'm going to print out a copy of this league table and post this on my wall, btw. :lol: Brilliant. Above Arsenal and Chelsea?! I'm going to spend tomorrow calling all of the African people in the world and laughing at them.

This has me in kinks :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm nearly in tears laughing.

If we beat Everton next weekend then our next game will be a title clash  :coolsmiley:

Hope this continues. Would love to see the title challenge graphics with Mancini's face, then SAF, then AVB then Pards with his cheesy smile :laugh:

99 problems but my team ain't one.

Inexplicably.

Wanted to point this post out, as my life is in complete shambles right now, if it weren't for NUFC I don't know what I would do. :lol:

Absolutely love Ba, Cabaye, Jonas, etc. Great performance, and a quality team. Should be a fantastic season going forward.

I wouldn't get in the habit of expecting Newcastle to give you a boost like, but it's good they are at the moment!

Living on the moment right now, feels good as fuck!

Remember years ago when Arsenal got found out? Teams went and bullied them about and the results came, how well have they done since then? I'd love it if this was the turning point for Stoke. Like someone said earlier, the team went there tonight and played football while most teams go and try to play Stoke at their own game. Hopefully more teams go and exploit their weaknesses because they definitely have them. The Premier League desperately needs to see the end of this long ball s****.

Arsenal were never "found out". The quality of their players declined and they became more vulnerable. Most teams are too overwhelmed at the Brittania to try and play football. The top sides have enough quality that they can enforce their style of play on anyone. It is a credit to the legitimate quality in the side that we can accomplish this.

I'm going to print out a copy of this league table and post this on my wall, btw. :lol: Brilliant. Above Arsenal and Chelsea?! I'm going to spend tomorrow calling all of the African people in the world and laughing at them.

Fucking class :lol: :lol:

This has me in kinks :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm nearly in tears laughing.

Class. :lol: :lol:

just got back from the Shitannia.  Had to sit on a bus full of clayheads to get back to uni.  Losing my voice.  Fantastic result.  Fantastic support from the away end.  Not a peep from 'the loudest fans in the league'.  Big mention for Guthrie, thought he did excellent, especially given the pessimism around the ground just before KO.  Ryan Taylor looked shaky at times against Pennant but coped.  Improved performance from Obertan.  His pace unsettled their back 4, especially his chasing down.  A little disappointed with Besty.  Good hold up play periodically but struggled to get involved.

On another note, please say Sky picked up Raylor's AMAZING chicken dance celebrating Ba's third goal?????

Remember years ago when Arsenal got found out? Teams went and bullied them about and the results came, how well have they done since then? I'd love it if this was the turning point for Stoke. Like someone said earlier, the team went there tonight and played football while most teams go and try to play Stoke at their own game. Hopefully more teams go and exploit their weaknesses because they definitely have them. The Premier League desperately needs to see the end of this long ball shite.

The thing I was most pleased with in the first half was that you could see the game plan wasn't just to try and out-battle them. If we'd tried that we would have struggled. Instead we used incredible pressing to hassle their very poor footballers into a lot of mistakes on the ball. Even their long balls were misdirected most of the time, they were under such pressure from our midfield and forwards.

:nods:

And then when we got the ball, we clearly wanted to use the pace of Obertan, Jonas and Ba to counter quickly. It's why the possession stats are probably in their favour, there was no point in us being patient today (which we have been in most of our games), we needed to get at them as quickly as possible. That first half was a tactical master work from Pardew.

just got back from the Shitannia.  Had to sit on a bus full of clayheads to get back to uni.  Losing my voice.  Fantastic result.  Fantastic support from the away end.  Not a peep from 'the loudest fans in the league'.  Big mention for Guthrie, thought he did excellent, especially given the pessimism around the ground just before KO.  Ryan Taylor looked shaky at times against Pennant but coped.  Improved performance from Obertan.  His pace unsettled their back 4, especially his chasing down.  A little disappointed with Besty.  Good hold up play periodically but struggled to get involved.

On another note, please say Sky picked up Raylor's AMAZING chicken dance celebrating Ba's third goal?????

What? :lol: Nope the cameras didn't pick this up I don't think....

Guest bimpy474

Pards needs a new hair gel/wax, the side of his hair was blowing around quite a lot. This was his biggest mistake on a night where nearly everything went to plan for him.

Aye he looked like Tin Tin's Dad.

As with Wigan, in recent times we would have lost games like this. Pardew seems to be starting to banish the acceptance of defeats in these games, which is no mean feat.

If we win against Everton it's dreamland time, I won't even be worried about the Manchester games.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/1026.jpg

"I think Stoke will turn over Newcastle, 2-0."

:pardsgrin:  :troll:

:mackems:

Predicted four NUFC losses in the last six or something? (Happy to be corrected if I'm exaggerating :thup: I'd genuinely like to know tbh)

Team                               

Predicted

Actual

Stoke CityAway

Loss

Win

WiganHome

Win

Win

TottenhamHome

Loss

Draw