Stoke City 1 - 3 Newcastle United - 31/10/11 - post-match reaction from page 52

Dave

Couldn't resist could they?

"All their wins have come against teams in the bottom half"

That's probably true, and we'll see what happens against The Manc teams and Chelski, but you can only play what's put in front of you.

Is it our fault the fixtures came out how they did??

I'm quite optimistic about our next 6. I reckon we'll get:

That's probably true, and we'll see what happens against The Manc teams and Chelski, but you can only play what's put in front of you.

We obviously should have complained and asked for all the top ten from last season away from home first.

We obviously should have complained and asked for all the top ten from last season away from home first.

Without a single home game until Boxing day, which would then be vs Man Utd.

Do wonder if narrowing the pitch actually helps Stoke, their wingers seems their only competent players.

Dan raised a good point too earlier, the ball drifted out needlessly loads from their stylish centre backs lofting it over the top.

Has to do mostly with the throw-ins, right?

Do wonder if narrowing the pitch actually helps Stoke, their wingers seems their only competent players.

Dan raised a good point too earlier, the ball drifted out needlessly loads from their stylish centre backs lofting it over the top.

The commentators kept banging on about the wind as well.

Too easy. City?

Yup, not that they'd admit it.

I'm quite optimistic about our next 6. I reckon we'll get:

The best thing is now we can afford not to worry about the City, Man Utd & Chelsea games. Anything is a bonus rather than us needing points. Great stuff.

Too easy. City?

Na we tend to draw vs them at home, we're hopeless against Utd ;)

Krul  6

Raylor  6

???

Krul didn't really put a foot wrong tonight. His kicking wasn't great but he dealt with Stoke's long throw's/corners brilliantly. Don't really see what Raylor did wrong as well, linked well with Jonas and Pennant wasn't getting a sniff.

I remember last season we had that very problem though, we were a match for any of the top 4/6 but just couldn't get the results against the dross. It's going to be interesting to see this season if we're as competitive with the top teams as last season.

Tottenham are probably the third best team in the league atm, their form is fantastic, and we matched them very well. Some might say we were lucky to get a draw in that game, IMO, we could easily have won it as we were at the very least as good as them.

It's already been said, but it's because we've put quite a few down there. If we didn't win today, Stoke are top half. Which is where quite a few people say they very well could end up at the end of the season (more the quality of the league than their actual quality). They talk about challenges like we're classing ourselves as an add-on to make it a top 7. We've coped with what we considered our most important challenges, fuck them.

/Not that this hasn't been said a million times on here already, like. :thup:

Krul  6

Raylor  6

???

Krul didn't really put a foot wrong tonight. His kicking wasn't great but he dealt with Stoke's long throw's/corners brilliantly. Don't really see what Raylor did wrong as well, linked well with Jonas and Pennant wasn't getting a sniff.

Raylor was Ok and Krul did good things and bad things, as you yourself have alluded to.

I have Demba Ba in my fantasy team  :snod:

Captain for my fantasy team  :memeyeah:

What a fucking horrible team Stoke are. Not exactly breaking news, but fucking fuck they suck. There´ll be a few sore bodies on the team bus/plane back to Newcastle tonight.

The fixture list stuff is bollocks as far as I'm concerned, obviously teams we've beaten are more likely to be in the bottom half anyway.

Pulis talking some shite to Five Live as well, talked about the "soft penalty the referee gave them". Incredible.

Excellent performance and I'm not going to find fault with any of our players over 90+ minutes. Gary Neville almost in awe of us.

Stoke can have no complaints regarding penalty as it was close to identical to the one they got. Roll on Everton on Saturday.

And as to that being our toughest test, in some respects I suppose, but Spurs at home were no walk in the park.

It's already been said, but it's because we've put quite a few down there. If we didn't win today, Stoke are top half. Which is where quite a few people say they very well could end up at the end of the season (more the quality of the league than their actual quality). They talk about challenges like we're classing ourselves as an add-on to make it a top 7. We've coped with what we considered our most important challenges, f*** them.

/Not that this hasn't been said a million times on here already, like. :thup:

I like that viewpoint, they're bottom half cause they played Newcastle :D