Stoke City 1 - 3 Newcastle United - 31/10/11 - post-match reaction from page 52

Dave

Just back from watching the game. Can imagine folk in here are happy, well I'm fucking delighted we beat these scumbags. Shite city, shite club, shite football.

Howay! All the lads had a good game. Krul dealt with the pressure very well (other than a couple comical moments) and Jonas was a BEAST.

3rd!

It's not as if we just 'out-Stoked' them tonight either, we showed them up to be terrible on the ball and totally reliant on long balls and throw-ins.

Using the towels and that was immense though, I just wanted Pards to ask for one to nonchalantly mop his brow.

Nail on head. I've seen non-league teams with better first touch and ball retention abilities than some of their players, notably the FB's and CM's, had tonight. First half was as amusing as it was sad that a team like this can prosper.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/1026.jpg

"I think Stoke will turn over Newcastle, 2-0."

:pardsgrin:  :troll:

:mackems:

Predicted four NUFC losses in the last six or something? (Happy to be corrected if I'm exaggerating :thup: I'd genuinely like to know tbh)

Remember years ago when Arsenal got found out? Teams went and bullied them about and the results came, how well have they done since then? I'd love it if this was the turning point for Stoke. Like someone said earlier, the team went there tonight and played football while most teams go and try to play Stoke at their own game. Hopefully more teams go and exploit their weaknesses because they definitely have them. The Premier League desperately needs to see the end of this long ball shite.

What the hell is going on, 3rd after 10 games 3 pionts clear on Chelsea :D What a great performance. Take that Stoke you dirty unatractive arses.

P.S. Lawro has predicted us to lose 5 times out of the last 7 games.

Remember years ago when Arsenal got found out? Teams went and bullied them about and the results came, how well have they done since then? I'd love it if this was the turning point for Stoke. Like someone said earlier, the team went there tonight and played football while most teams go and try to play Stoke at their own game. Hopefully more teams go and exploit their weaknesses because they definitely have them. The Premier League desperately needs to see the end of this long ball s****.

Arsenal were never "found out". The quality of their players declined and they became more vulnerable. Most teams are too overwhelmed at the Brittania to try and play football. The top sides have enough quality that they can enforce their style of play on anyone. It is a credit to the legitimate quality in the side that we can accomplish this.

I'm going to print out a copy of this league table and post this on my wall, btw. :lol: Brilliant. Above Arsenal and Chelsea?! I'm going to spend tomorrow calling all of the African people in the world and laughing at them.

99 problems but my team ain't one.

Inexplicably.

Wanted to point this post out, as my life is in complete shambles right now, if it weren't for NUFC I don't know what I would do. :lol:

Absolutely love Ba, Cabaye, Jonas, etc. Great performance, and a quality team. Should be a fantastic season going forward.

Uncle Alan looked delighted after that pen went in. Looked as though he enjoyed rubbing it in the noses of those Stoke cunts.

Absolutely over the moon with the result. Thought we'd lose tonight. Stoke are a horrible, horrible team, would dearly love them to go down. 

Remember years ago when Arsenal got found out? Teams went and bullied them about and the results came, how well have they done since then? I'd love it if this was the turning point for Stoke. Like someone said earlier, the team went there tonight and played football while most teams go and try to play Stoke at their own game. Hopefully more teams go and exploit their weaknesses because they definitely have them. The Premier League desperately needs to see the end of this long ball shite.

The thing I was most pleased with in the first half was that you could see the game plan wasn't just to try and out-battle them. If we'd tried that we would have struggled. Instead we used incredible pressing to hassle their very poor footballers into a lot of mistakes on the ball. Even their long balls were misdirected most of the time, they were under such pressure from our midfield and forwards.

Remember years ago when Arsenal got found out? Teams went and bullied them about and the results came, how well have they done since then? I'd love it if this was the turning point for Stoke. Like someone said earlier, the team went there tonight and played football while most teams go and try to play Stoke at their own game. Hopefully more teams go and exploit their weaknesses because they definitely have them. The Premier League desperately needs to see the end of this long ball s****.

Arsenal were never "found out". The quality of their players declined and they became more vulnerable. Most teams are too overwhelmed at the Brittania to try and play football. The top sides have enough quality that they can enforce their style of play on anyone. It is a credit to the legitimate quality in the side that we can accomplish this.

I'm going to print out a copy of this league table and post this on my wall, btw. :lol: Brilliant. Above Arsenal and Chelsea?! I'm going to spend tomorrow calling all of the African people in the world and laughing at them.

:lol: brilliant.

99 problems but my team ain't one.

Inexplicably.

Wanted to point this post out, as my life is in complete shambles right now, if it weren't for NUFC I don't know what I would do. :lol:

Absolutely love Ba, Cabaye, Jonas, etc. Great performance, and a quality team. Should be a fantastic season going forward.

I wouldn't get in the habit of expecting Newcastle to give you a boost like, but it's good they are at the moment!

The thing I was most pleased with in the first half was that you could see the game plan wasn't just to try and out-battle them. If we'd tried that we would have struggled. Instead we used incredible pressing to hassle their very poor footballers into a lot of mistakes on the ball. Even their long balls were misdirected most of the time, they were under such pressure from our midfield and forwards.

:thup: if anything we didn't "battle" as we definitely doing our utmost to avoid needless FKs and easy ways out for them.

This season feels like a film.

Next challenge for us in the film is to face our fellow humble cash-strapped battling brethren who also have some quality about them - Everton. Who might be the team to defeat us.

[Just like all the others :)]

Well said, Baba.