Stoke City 1 - 3 Newcastle United - 31/10/11 - post-match reaction from page 52

Dave

I really hope we've broken Stoke. We just gave a blueprint to every visiting side to go there from now on. Kill their home form, kill Stoke City.

Easy said than done though, that's why it was such a good performance/result.

Guest bimpy474

Sun's player ratings..

NEWCASTLE: Krul 6, Simpson 8, Steven Taylor 8, Coloccini 8, Ryan Taylor 8, Obertan 8, Guthrie 8 (Gosling 5), Cabaye 8 (Perch 6), Gutierrez 8, Best 8 (Sammy Ameobi 5), Ba 9

Wow. :lol:

Ahh bollocks i've Krul in goal in the Sun Dream team, mind you also have Ba too :D

Guest VaVaVoom

I really hope we've broken Stoke. We just gave a blueprint to every visiting side to go there from now on. Kill their home form, kill Stoke City.

Sun's player ratings..

NEWCASTLE: Krul 6, Simpson 8, Steven Taylor 8, Coloccini 8, Ryan Taylor 8, Obertan 8, Guthrie 8 (Gosling 5), Cabaye 8 (Perch 6), Gutierrez 8, Best 8 (Sammy Ameobi 5), Ba 9

Gosling 5 :lol: Not even really sure why that's so funny to me.

Sun's player ratings..

How does Krul get two less than most of the team?  He dropped a couple of balls (maybe just one actually) but was dominant for pretty much the whole game (which you need from your keeper at Stoke), plus he only bloody conceded from a pen!

Every time I heard a big cheer for a throw in a little bit of my soul died.

Everytime they failed miserably however a bit more revived. A victory for football!

Surprised they don't have music blaring out for each throw and corner tbh.

Wankstain of a club

Krul did Ok.

Worse keepers would've been much more timid.  He went out of his way to help the defence and we benefitted massively.  Harper (and a lot of other keepers) would've been rooted to their line for lots of their ball in the box.

Krul - 8  - while he did have a few bad kicks etc, think dealing with all the Stokeness going on in the box is incredible. Commanded the box.

Raylor - 7 - No real complaints, was protected by Jonas

Saylor - 8 - Solid.

Colo - 9 - Tidy, calm, sign him now, give him however much money he wants, give him the £35m in a one off it it'll make him sign right now

Simpson - 7 - Better than normal.

Cabaye - 6 - Sharply declined in second half, but hard working in first half. Hope he gets back to his best soon, but not worried atm, and is scoring form still

Guthrie - 8 - Panic about losing Tiote to ACN over, he looks like he's good after all

Jonas - 9 - Absolutely part of the reason our defence has been so mean this season, and if he frustrates in his attacking sometimes, this is absolutely the type of game to showcase why he is invaluable to us. Faced no real threat from open play down his flank.

Obertan - 7 - Showed why he is rated at last. Alleviated pressure, set up a goal, no complaints, though probably could have scored near the end

Ba - 9 - Masterclass in being in the right place at the right time and finishing perfectly, can be no complaints apart from conceeding the penalty, but all is forgiven.

Best - 8 - Deserved a goal, did fade later on but worked hard. Proving a lot of people wrong.

Possibly our best performance all season to be honest, just for the defensive cohesion in tough conditions.

Krul did Ok.

Worse keepers would've been much more timid.  He went out of his way to help the defence and we benefitted massively.  Harper (and a lot of other keepers) would've been rooted to their line for lots of their ball in the box.

Exactly, commanded the box, and made sure didn't get in too much trouble. He had weird brief moments of bad kicks and nearly falling over, but he showed a different talent to shot stopping here, and he got it spot on.

I'm still high after watching that, that is probably our best win of the season so far considering how well every player played.  Every player was worth an 8 out of 10 for me except for Jonas and Ba who were both 10 out of 10.

We've never walked in a Pardew wonderland this season, tonight we did, and I enjoyed it.

Alan Pardews black and white army has been sung, but after tonight the tactical genius deserves a little song, and that smile....god that smile.