Stoke City 1 - 3 Newcastle United - 31/10/11 - post-match reaction from page 52

Dave

Stoke: Big Bloke; Big Bloke, Big Bloke, Big Bloke, Big Bloke; Pennant, Throwing Man, Big Bloke, Small Bloke; Big Bloke, Really Big Bloke. Subs: Big Bloke, Big Bloke, Big Bloke, Big Bloke, Big Bloke, Big Bloke, Big Bloke.

Stoke: Begovic; Wilkinson, Shawcross, Woodgate, Wilson; Pennant, Delap, Whelan, Etherington; Walters, Crouch. Subs: Sorensen, Huth, Jones, Whitehead, Upson, Jerome, Palacios.

:lol:

Really enjoyed watching it and the fact the ref could do nothing about the blatant timewasting because it was Stoke who put them there. Was like pulis had lent Simpson a car which Simpson had then driven into pulis' house, destroying everything, but leaving a thankyou note on the dashboard!

Edited your post to take out the request for football videos. Please read the rules: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,19161.0.html

Remember years ago when Arsenal got found out? Teams went and bullied them about and the results came, how well have they done since then? I'd love it if this was the turning point for Stoke. Like someone said earlier, the team went there tonight and played football while most teams go and try to play Stoke at their own game. Hopefully more teams go and exploit their weaknesses because they definitely have them. The Premier League desperately needs to see the end of this long ball s****.

Arsenal were never "found out". The quality of their players declined and they became more vulnerable. Most teams are too overwhelmed at the Brittania to try and play football. The top sides have enough quality that they can enforce their style of play on anyone. It is a credit to the legitimate quality in the side that we can accomplish this.

My point is teams saw a weakness in Arsenal, that if they played a more physical game against them they could get something, Wenger himself moaned about this. Theres no doubt as well that tonight the quality in Newcastle's team showed, but teams like Man Utd have more quality and couldn't win. I think its more the game plan, something a lot of teams visiting Stoke get wrong.

"I think Stoke will turn over Newcastle, 2-0."

:pardsgrin:  :troll:

:mackems:

Predicted four NUFC losses in the last six or something? (Happy to be corrected if I'm exaggerating :thup: I'd genuinely like to know tbh)

Team                               

Predicted

Actual

Stoke CityAway

Loss

Win

WiganHome

Win

Win

TottenhamHome

Loss

Draw