Stoke City 1 - 3 Newcastle United - 31/10/11 - post-match reaction from page 52

Dave

Jonas f***ing Jonas.

Equal man of the match and the two people I was sitting with were frothing over him. Unfortunately I thought he was s***. Yes did a few things okay in defence, but did f*** all in attack. At some point you have to decide if your winger is an attacker or not.

You are absolutely clueless.

Yawn

On your rags like  ;D

He'd have a point if we never created a chance ever, but we did, and everyone did their jobs. Jonas's was to prevent threats down that wing, and he did it faultlessly. Football is a bit more complex than wingers create chances and that's the sole purpose.

Anyway I'll quit feeding the troll now

Just got in from Pub.

Over the fucking moon.

Defence was brilliant with special mention for Ryan and even Simpson looked better than normal.

Cabaye just seemed to have an off game but Obertan looked very dangerous first half. Ba impressed with his goals and first line defence and Best held the ball up very well.

Guthrie great performance all considered.

Jonas fucking Jonas.

Equal man of the match and the two people I was sitting with were frothing over him. Unfortunately I thought he was shit. Yes did a few things okay in defence, but did fuck all in attack. At some point you have to decide if your winger is an attacker or not.

Regardless, delighted with the result and hope we can stuff Everton and cement third place.

Im sure we all had a great night.  :love:

Retardation.

One of the stupidest things I've read on here since 2004. Fucking gravel for brains tbh.

But as usual, none of you will have the balls to back up your comments.  :lol:

I say he did a few things okay in defnce but nowt in attack. Come on then big balls, tell me what he did in attack. ;)

Completely out-thought us on the night.

Newcastle tactics brilliantly snuffed out Ethers and Pennant - they could leave the middle empty and double or even triple team up on the wingers secure in the knowledge that we don't have anyone who can go through the middle.

They harried us superbly in midfield and despite the pressure looked very solid at the back. Their league position is not a fluke.

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=177830#ixzz1cPIpScRX

A lot of kind words on that Stoke forum.  :aww:

Stoke spent so much money over the summer on fucking shite. They haven't progressed at all. THey're still playing Championship cloggers and players out of position all over the place despite so much investment. It's pathetic.

Nice to see some of their fans are actually noticing that now on their forum, too.

Was at the Cock & Lion to watch this tonight.

What the fucking fuck is happening man for fuck's sake?  We deserved to win and there were various signs that Pardew absolutely fucked them over with both his preparation and his tactics.  Fucking phenomenal stuff tonight, very proud of them.

Newcastle tactics brilliantly snuffed out Ethers and Pennant - they could leave the middle empty and double or even triple team up on the wingers secure in the knowledge that we don't have anyone who can go through the middle.

They harried us superbly in midfield and despite the pressure looked very solid at the back. Their league position is not a fluke.

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=177830#ixzz1cPIpScRX

Love that tbh.

Some equally moronic threads before the game like.

Just got in from Pub.

Over the fucking moon.

Defence was brilliant with special mention for Ryan and even Simpson looked better than normal.

Cabaye just seemed to have an off game but Obertan looked very dangerous first half. Ba impressed with his goals and first line defence and Best held the ball up very well.

Guthrie great performance all considered.

Jonas fucking Jonas.

Equal man of the match and the two people I was sitting with were frothing over him. Unfortunately I thought he was shit. Yes did a few things okay in defence, but did fuck all in attack. At some point you have to decide if your winger is an attacker or not.

Regardless, delighted with the result and hope we can stuff Everton and cement third place.

Im sure we all had a great night.  :love:

Retardation.

One of the stupidest things I've read on here since 2004. Fucking gravel for brains tbh.

But as usual, none of you will have the balls to back up your comments.  :lol:

I say he did a few things okay in defnce but nowt in attack. Come on then big balls, tell me what he did in attack. ;)

If you can't figure out what his job was tonight then that's your fucking problem. He did exactly what he was told to do and he was one of the main reasons we won the game.

Not even sure you understand your own bullshit tbh. :lol:

Just finished watching the game, I had to watch it delayed due to silly work and other stuff. Really good result but a little pissed off with the so called experts and their constant attempts to put us down, you can really tell they are just waiting for something to get their teeth into and it's grating on them to give us even the smallest bit of credit.

Paul Walsh's reaction to our penalty and theirs was fucking ridiculous, they were both soft pushes/shoves neither really was a pen but when you give one you have to give the other, but he made it out to be theirs was a stonewall one and ours was a terrible decision. And of course that changed the whole game, Stoke didn't force a decent chance outside the pen.

For us foreigners we have to put up with Curbs and Townsend, in the studio, they were ok but just followed the walsh line on the pens.

I thought that Pulis was a little ungracious too in his interview, it's always bad defending isn't it "credit to Newcastle they got the 3 points" is just another way of saying we didn't deserve the win.

Jesus fucking  :jesuswept:    :lol:

Most of you were predicting a defeat tonight. Some of US were predicting a win.

Most of you were constantly slagging off Obertan yet he was the WINGER who earned his corn and set the first goal up. What a fucking cross btw.

The Jonas love in is almost embarrassing. Nearly as bad as the Ben Arfa crap. In fact the only good thing on here tonight (Apart from me) is the fact that the HBA fanboys arnt crediting the win down to some intensive Staring from HBA on the bench.

Seriously, I thought half term was over?