Man City vs Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - 3pm

MW

Last thing i'd do is play Ben Arfa off Ba.

Why?

Because both of them are withdrawn strikers, and one of the best things about our play in the last handful of games has been Ba assisting the midfield. We won't get that if Ba has to hold the line.

Ben Arfa can assist the midfield, Ba can hold the ball up.

Not seen a great deal to suggest that Ba can hold the ball up that well. Certainly not as well as he drops deep.

Eh? He's done it loads this season.

Besides, by all accounts Ba and HBA didn't link up against a vastly inferior team to City.

That was HBA's first start in a competitive game in a year. Funnily enough, it was also one of Ba's best performances this season.

Fuck me, these international weeks kill me, lose all ability to keep up to date.

His work rare will be a massive miss. Saying that, love to see HBA and a) do himself justice and shut the thick knackers up and b) viciously assault De Jong and get away with it.

The lack of information regarding our injuries seems a little suspect to me. Best got knacked at Everton, but was ready to play Ireland's home leg, but for the birth of his child - so why would he now be unavailable again?

Hope he starts anyway. No problem with Shola or HBA partnering Ba up front. Both offer different attributes and are capable of playing incredible or dogshit :lol: I'll give Pardew the benefit of the doubt as to who he chooses. So long as there is a second striker and we don't go 4-5-1.

Right midfield is tricky too. All depends on our strategy, which I hope we try to stick to (as Pardew has mentioned).

The lack of information regarding our injuries seems a little suspect to me. Best got knacked at Everton, but was ready to play Ireland's home leg, but for the birth of his child - so why would he now be unavailable again?

Hope he starts anyway. No problem with Shola or HBA partnering Ba up front. Both offer different attributes and are capable of playing incredible or dogshit :lol: I'll give Pardew the benefit of the doubt as to who he chooses. So long as there is a second striker and we don't go 4-5-1.

Right midfield is tricky too. All depends on our strategy, which I hope we try to stick to (as Pardew has mentioned).

Best was in the squad for Ireland but he reported to them saying he was injured and was thus prefer to stay in Newcastle pending birth of baby Best rather than travel to Estonia. By the time the 2nd leg came around, he was still injured.

Always suspicious when the injuries aren't reported properly, it usually means the bad news is dropped in on the end of some good news in the hope we don't notice.

Looking forward to this. What im not looking forward to however is the tedious aftermath if we lose. People will be calling it Newcastle's crash back down to earth, and their luck is out etc etc. Totally ignoring the fact that we played the best team in the league that is walking it's way to the league title. Fact is no matter who we lose to in this league, it will be our fall from grace with other fans, mackems in particular. So fucking boring.

Looking forward to this. What im not looking forward to however is the tedious aftermath if we lose. People will be calling it Newcastle's crash back down to earth, and their luck is out etc etc. Totally ignoring the fact that we played the best team in the league that is walking it's way to the league title. Fact is no matter who we lose to in this league, it will be our fall from grace with other fans, mackems in particular. So f***ing boring.

:sadnod:

"The Toon's acid test has finally arrived."  Until we draw and meet Manchester United, at least.

Who said this? I'm sort of obsessed with the way media paint our current run. Today, one of the most renowned pundits in Sweden wrote that "We will see whether Newcastle have the quality to stay at the top of the league after the test that lie ahead."

Again, what fucking test? The absence of analytical ability is overwhelming. Why are they getting paid...

Guest ykmkmdd

Everyone has forgotten what defeat tastes like!  :)

Too true - over 6 months isn't it?  :D

Got a feeling that if we do lose there will be an element of injustice to it - dodgy penalty, fluke deflection, something like that - fucking hate City.

I don't think Santon right side of midfield is a bad shout really. He's quick and I remember seeing a quote from him saying how he can play in a more forward position either side of midfield. He'd also provide support for Simpson and the midfield especially with the possibility with Ben Arfa roaming.