Alan Shearer "Wants to manage Blackburn" - Mirror

Colocho

Was at wallsend sports centre when the fittest girl in my year told me we'd signed him. Doesn't get better than that

gbandit, 1996

:lol: pretty much. Used to love wallsend sport centre TheGuv, once competed in the event they had at the ms of the two weeks and got beaten by an eight year old. Crippling

Was at wallsend sports centre when the fittest girl in my year told me we'd signed him. Doesn't get better than that

gbandit, 1996

:lol: pretty much. Used to love wallsend sport centre TheGuv, once competed in the event they had at the ms of the two weeks and got beaten by an eight year old. Crippling

Ouch... :lol:

How about the more or less portable swimming pool though eh? :aww:

Can't even remember that to be honest. Just remember going nuts on the vending machines and how neuter the coaching staff were. The canteen was filthy. Good times, have no idea if it's still going, hope so

• 1 month later...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/bbc-pundit-alan-shearer-wants-1353045

Off the sofa: Alan Shearer wants to make return to management at Blackburn

r/soccer on Reddit started a campaign yesterday to try and start a 'Shearer to Blackburn' rumour in the hopes it would take off and get Al off MOTD, although they don't seem sure themselves if it worked or if it's just a coincidence.

Blackburn seems like the worst place in the world for a young manager to start his career, they must have some of the worst fans I've ever seen. Such a negative atmosphere it is unreal.

Didn't do Mark Hughes any harm. Think Blackburn fans are getting a rough ride here tbh. Kean was clueless as f***, probably the worst manager I've seen in the Premier League. Was their owners that sacked Allardyce and gave him the job. Doesn't seem too dissimilar to us 3-4 years ago.

Blackburn seems like the worst place in the world for a young manager to start his career, they must have some of the worst fans I've ever seen. Such a negative atmosphere it is unreal.

Didn't do Mark Hughes any harm. Think Blackburn fans are getting a rough ride here tbh. Kean was clueless as f***, probably the worst manager I've seen in the Premier League. Was their owners that sacked Allardyce and gave him the job. Doesn't seem too dissimilar to us 3-4 years ago.

Kinnear was worse, but I agree with your point. They were well within their rights to protest Venkys and Kean last season.

Kinnear was worse, but I agree with your point. They were well within their rights to protest Venkys and Kean last season.

Well within their rights but I just don't think bringing that atmosphere to a stadium is ever a good plan. Sure, before or after games but during? Absolutely no way

Hope he does take it on and does well, not that he will ever return here as manager whilst Ashley has the club but one day maybe you never know.

We all said he needed to learn the craft elsewhere first.

I'd be surprised if he wants to be there for those owners, would be a nightmare for anyone. And if he blows this, it's over for him.

Honestly if he wants to manage he should get a job in league 1 and prove if he has some ability, rather than just trying to jump back to his old clubs. With us fair enough we were desperate, but the behind the scenes at Blackburn sounds like chaos, it'll probably go sour no matter what he does and his reputation will be ruined, with one of the clubs that may appoint him purely for sentimental reasons. Do a few seasons with someone else then go to Blackburn sentimentally. Then if he fails it's a blip on his career due to behind the scenes stuff. I don't think if he gets the job things will work out tbh.

Hope he proves me wrong though.