Manchester United vs Newcastle United - Saturday 26th November @ 3pm

Guest VaVaVoom

:facepalm:

Getting bored of the posts this season saying "so and so will rip us apart."

A dozen games in and there's been very few individual bad performances. I've not always said this but at the moment, our players deserve a bit more credit IMO.

The way Nani is playing at the moment he'll do well to gently tear Taylor a new one. Certianly a concern if he's on form though.

It has all the hallmarks of a Man United win. We're playing well, they're only just grinding out results, Rooney and Nani are out of form. Worrying signs.

Ha, indeed :undecided:

But I can see us having a right go at them. With Tiote almost certainly back for this, could see us just nicking a win.

Sir Alex Ferguson admitted that he was not sure Wayne Rooney would be fit for Manchester United's Premier League game against Newcastle after the striker sat out the 2-2 draw with Benfica.

Rooney sustained a hip injury in the weekend win at Swansea but Ferguson had hoped to have him available for Tuesday's UEFA Champions League clash at Old Trafford.

He failed to recover in time to feature in the squad and it remains to be seen whether he will be back in contention for the visit of high-flying Newcastle on Saturday.

Ferguson will not make a decision until nearer kick-off as he wants to give Rooney every opportunity to take part.

Asked about the England striker's condition after the match with Benfica, Ferguson said: "He wasn't fit for tonight, so we need to wait to see what he is like over the next few days.

"We will give him every chance, of course - we did for today, but he wasn't really fit, so we'll just have to wait."

Dimitar Berbatov scored against Benfica after being handed a rare start, while Javier Hernandez came on for the closing stages.

Guest Roger Kint

Rooney missing would be massive for us always seems to score against us.

This would be typical, i leave him in my fantasy team as captain instead of bringing RVP in considering we generally fall over backwards to help him score and the potato headed bastard might not play......

Rooney will play and judging by the little i saw of last nights game we'll also get our annual humping.

They weren't great! I'm confident of our chances of getting a draw, tbh.

The bit i saw just after half time they camped in the Benfica penalty area and there was some desperate defending.

Even when we were very good we never used to win here and if we somehow come away with a point i'll be over the moon but i won't be holding my breath.

Anyone know how much I'd have to pay and get if I put a bet on us going 2-0 down but ending up winning it 3-2 thanks to a Demba Ba hat-trick? :lol:

I'm thinking about putting a mad bet for a change. :lol:

Would have go into a bookies and get them to call head office for a special bet.

Guest VaVaVoom

With Tiote back we have every chance of getting a draw at least. With Ben Arfa coming into form we have a chance of creating a few chances.

Its all about keepin it tight, gettin in their faces, pressing everything and taking a chance when it comes.

It wont be a humping like.

Man U have been incredibly out of sorts lately, meaning we're well in with a shout here. Obviously, that would be the case within a different dimension where we don't routinely get turned over at Old Trafford by Fergie's strongest XI every single frigging season.

Really pisses me off when you see the likes of the mackems, and others, facing a side that contains Gibson, Macheda, Owen etc basically every season, whereas against us you'd be lucky if one of those three was named as an unused sub.

Guest VaVaVoom

Man U have been incredibly out of sorts lately, meaning we're well in with a shout here. Obviously, that would be the case within a different dimension where we don't routinely get turned over at Old Trafford by Fergie's strongest XI every single frigging season.

Really pisses me off when you see the likes of the mackems, and others, facing a side that contains Gibson, Macheda, Owen etc basically every season, whereas against us you'd be lucky if one of those three was named as an unused sub.

Thats just the way it is though and to be honest i'd rather we played the big lads. Should we get a result then theres more pride in it.

We have every chance of getting a point here. Man Utd lately haven't scored many goals, last night was the most they had scored in a game for a month or so. I can honestly see us creating chances against them and I would say we will put one or two away.