Gary Speed (1969–2011)

Dokko

`there's no comparison with Abide by Me as that isn't being sang in honour of a player who recently died. It's simply a cup final tradition and an uplifting moment rather than a somber reflection on a recent tragedy.`

I cant quite see ur point.  Are you saying that `bread of heaven` is the wrong hymn?  I guess its bit quirky to sing a hymn at start of a league game, but then, this event is somewhat out of the ordinary.  Whether its a good plan to pick that hymn `just cos hes welsh` is another matter.  I have no clue weather speed was religious.....am guessing he wasnt a catholic(!)  Yeah maybe we should have left it to the welsh to do a memorial like this for him.....

Guest Geordiesned

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Yes, I have BBC 2 Wales, so can watch the tribute to Gary Speed that's on at 10 tonight. :)

Cheers for the heads up.  :thup:

`there's no comparison with Abide by Me as that isn't being sang in honour of a player who recently died. It's simply a cup final tradition and an uplifting moment rather than a somber reflection on a recent tragedy.`

I cant quite see ur point.  Are you saying that `bread of heaven` is the wrong hymn?  I guess its bit quirky to sing a hymn at start of a league game, but then, this event is somewhat out of the ordinary.  Whether its a good plan to pick that hymn `just cos hes welsh` is another matter.  I have no clue weather speed was religious.....am guessing he wasnt a catholic(!)  Yeah maybe we should have left it to the welsh to do a memorial like this for him.....

No, he's saying Abide with me is an FA Cup Final tradition and singing a welsh hymn before a normal league game is tacky as owt and very very scouse.

Toying with the idea of putting a wreath down on behalf of N-O. Thoughts?

Do it :thup:

I'll throw in for that, great idea.

Don't be daft. I'll get something nice and put it with the rest of the tributes near the reception. :thup:

Toying with the idea of putting a wreath down on behalf of N-O. Thoughts?

Do it :thup:

I'll throw in for that, great idea.

Don't be daft. I'll get something nice and put it with the rest of the tributes near the reception. :thup:

:clap: