Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Just now, snabelkabel said:

Commentators in norway says it was brilliant decition by the ref and VAR. When you run at full speed, a simple tutch is enough ?

Norway can fuck off in the sea.

Just now, snabelkabel said:

Commentators in norway says it was brilliant decition by the ref and VAR. When you run at full speed, a simple tutch is enough ?

Aye, enough to take several further steps before going down. Get them in the fucking sea

3 hours ago, Thomson Mouse said:

You should’ve seen the international coverage. Owen and Mcmanaman in the studio. Apparently it was a pen all day long

No bias there with them two like [emoji38]

12 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Been saying for ages, the offside law is a heap of bollocks. Both were technically correct, but there's no way that either theirs or Isak should be considered off. Bring in Wenger's Law asap man. 

It's infuriating. I'll never agree with it in its current form. Offside by a toe or a shoulder, man. Fuck off. 

43 minutes ago, Wullie said:

This is a bizarre clarification

I'm guessing if you try to stop an attack but don't do it in a dangerous way and the advantage/play continues then you shouldn't be booked? 

You only get booked if it was dangerous, so a bad tackle etc

However in last night's scenario I'm sure I've pretty much always seen players get booked for it

6 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Plenty of Liverpool fans on social media saying it wasn't a pen. Short of Arsenal fans saying it, that's about as near to consensus as you'll get.

All they need to do is change the definition to: was there enough contact to fully impede the attacking player and was that contact initiated by the attacking or defending player.

With that definition I’d take the first pen begrudgingly ut it would rule out the second easily

Yesterday was an example of why, unfortunately, referees will never get respect.

Taylor has a good game before half time, but because the home support didn't agree, he was booed while Klopp got stuck into him on the sidelines. After keeping his head, the pressure finally got to him and he awarded an absolutely ridiculous penalty.

While managers and players are rewarded for pressurising officials, nothing will change, because it works.

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Taylor has a good game before half time, but because the home support didn't agree, he was booed while Klopp got stuck into him on the sidelines.

Angry at the Joelinton situation wasnt it? 

17 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Not watched Mileys one again, but dangerous play wasnt it?

If that was dangerous play they should stop playing in the rain

They need to do something about penalties. 

I hate the way they spend ages on offsides but it's at least with a view to making the right decision. 

And I get that whilst offside is mainly black and white a foul is more subjective. 

But it's like they've just decided to wash their hands of it and just blindly stick to the on field decision unless it's so obviously wrong they can't help but intervene. Penalties though are as close to a guaranteed goal as you can get so I'm not sure why there isn't the same wanting to reach the right decision. 

There might be some stoppages to review incidents the ref has missed but the ref completely missing a penalty is likely to be "clear and obvious" anyway because I think the bar for a penalty should be reasonably high with benefit of the doubt to defenders. 

Alternatively just scrap VAR because it's shit. People say it's not the technology at fault, it's the people using it but I disagree. We can certainly try to improve the way we are using it but fundamentally I don't think trying to referee football games by watching replays of an in progress game is a good idea. 

Different topic...

I don't like the idea of sin bins but what do you do about the cynical fouls City and Liverpool are so good at? Not the obvious stopping a counter ones that are easy yellows but the "we've lost possession so a little nick there so we can regroup" ones. 

Just more aggressive yellow cards for it?

Just seems like a really good strategy for the high possession teams. And I'm not sure intentionally fouling the opposition should be an allowable strategy. 

It's the total inconsistency between decision they're happy to re-referee and decisions they'll completely ignore.

Unfortunately, it boils down to the lack quality of referees and I do have sympathy in that respect. As it stands though, you're effectively giving a second human a say in the decision, increasing the margin for error.

I wanted VAR to work, but in it's present form it's not fit for purpose. I'd personally say it's brought a net negative to the game, when you consider the inability to celebrate a goal.

I didn’t think the Longstaff one was a pen at the time but I’d like to see more than the one full-speed wide angle of it considering the pen that Liverpool get later in the game.

15 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Yesterday was an example of why, unfortunately, referees will never get respect.

Taylor has a good game before half time, but because the home support didn't agree, he was booed while Klopp got stuck into him on the sidelines. After keeping his head, the pressure finally got to him and he awarded an absolutely ridiculous penalty.

While managers and players are rewarded for pressurising officials, nothing will change, because it works.

This seriously needs to be looked at, immediately.

How is it fair that Klopp is allowed an open dialogue with the 4th official all game, which he clearly uses to exert increasing pressure on him if the game isn't going his way?

On what planet do they think this will not affect the behaviour of the human beings officiating the game?  An influential and volatile figure essentially threatening to make their life very difficult if they don't bend to what he wants?

But nah, they'll concentrate on implementing rules so Howe and Tindall can't stand in the same area or whatever.  It's so pathetic, man.

still think offside should be dependent on where the feet are.

a striker holds his run perfectly and then leans forward to get ready to run - so is played offside by a shoulder.

fucking ridiculous.