Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Is there a list of what contributes to added time? 

Seems like a clear list is needed if it’s going to be fair. Like, if nobody has been booked for time wasting then presumably no time has been wasted. So then you’d just be talking about subs and injuries? 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

The problem with this rule, like almost every rule brought in is that won't be applied consistently across the board. That in itself is part of a wider issue, the standard of refereeing is so bad that it doesn't earn the respect it should.

Yeah discrepant enforcement is definitely a problem, but I'm an idealist.  Reversing the culture of disrespect of the referee's authority will take time and be a painful process, but it's the right ambition.

Only negative of the day for me, this cunt. To pick up 3 yellows without a solitary bad tackle is infuriating and hopefully not a sign of things to come. 3 yellows for utter bullshit reasons - disputing a decision, a hand gesture and not running off quickly enough. All 3 things I've seen in other games already without any punishment whatsoever. If they're going to be consistent about all of those things then fair enough, seems we got hammered for what others have got away with and we're only 1 game in. It's fucking pigshit

Just now, joeyt said:

Was sure Tonali was booked after the Martinez debacle and then got another yellow as he left the field but must have been someone else who got booked

Probably when Bruno got booked for the imaginary yellow card gesture.

Agree with a lot of what Gary Neville raises here.

Seems they're totally looking for ways to corrupt the game and cause controversial talking points as much as possible. 

Take yesterday, Madley handing Bruno a yellow for miming a yellow to the ref, not sure if anyone spotted Digne do the same late on (Digne already on a yellow) but no second yellow from Madley for the exact same offence, How is that consistent?

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Agree with a lot of what Gary Neville raises here.

Seems they're totally looking for ways to corrupt the game and cause controversial talking points as much as possible. 

Take yesterday, Madley handing Bruno a yellow for miming a yellow to the ref, not sure if anyone spotted Digne do the same late on (Digne already on a yellow) but no second yellow from Madley for the exact same offence, How is that consistent?

I think ref just bottled it with Digne.

Martinez call was right.

2 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

I think ref just bottled it with Digne.

Martinez call was right.

Yeah I think I can agree on Martinez, but that now invites goalkeepers to commit rugby tackles on players as long as they have a player behind them, is that how they explained it?

Digne/Bruno no consistency, as the video of Webb I just posted talks about consistency, getting it right.

They may as well say we'll make it up to suit on the day.

3 minutes ago, CFlan said:

Always found the rage over imaginary cards comical when you have players roaring at refs to send opposing players off which is seemingly fine. 

Also if the ref was doing his job and booking Villa players for all their dirty play, it wouldn't need to be pointed out to them.

Madley is out of his depth. He was a fucking idiot yesterday, but at least he was a fucking idiot for both teams.

The one thing I thought he got right was the yellow for Martinez- Miggy was running towards the corner flag as opposed to the goal so for me it's not a clear goalscoring opportunity (subjective, I know.)

16 hours ago, CFlan said:

Always found the rage over imaginary cards comical when you have players roaring at refs to send opposing players off which is seemingly fine. 

And to be honest, some players may just show it because they cannot speak English :lol:

I have no confidence that a ref will give a second yellow for time wasting (if a player has already been booked for kicking the ball away or waving the imaginary card)

Edited by OCK