Norwich City 4 - 2 Newcastle United - 10/12/11 - post-match reaction page 44

midds

Krul 6 - Couldn't do too much about the goals, not much to do otherwise.

R. Taylor 5 - Poor although having no protection doesn't help.

Simpson 7 - Looked quite commanding in open play, obviously struggled a bit from set pieces as is to be expected.

Perch 4.5 - Thick as mince but mainly just not good enough, albeit he was playing out of position. Not that he's much better at FB.

Santon 5.5 - Looks decent going forward and a bit ropey defending but today is hardly the ideal time to blood him.

Obertan 4 - Mentally deficient.

Gosling 4 - Thick as mince v.2 both positionally and decision-ally.

Cabaye 7.5 - Lovely assist and was hampered by having to do the work of 2 players most of the game.

Jonas 5.5 - Poor in the first, fairly lively in the 2nd

Shola 6.5 - Decent enough, good assist.

Ba 9.5 (MOM) - Superb take and finish (x2). Lead the line well.

Don't recall any of the subs doing anything of note.

I agree with all of that, I thought Santon was too narrow at times when he could have stayed wider and I thought Krul might have came off his line a bit more to help claim some balls in the air considering we had little or no height in the middle of defence.

You're right I am f***ing clueless. All I ever do is nitpick with Jonas. Its embarrassing.

Good post.

You wouldnt know a good post if it lifted its shirt and thrust its tits in your face while singing...Good Post, Good post.  :lol:

Post(s) aside. Thats what the action you normally take with  Gabriel 'cos your his mum aint you? Bitty at what 22-23 the lad needs to get a slap and get told how to play football.

Either that of your his agent.

Sorry I don't understand a word of that. Is it street talk?

Guest bluegeordie

Re Obertan, as much as I hate it, I'm almost used to his "huff, puff, but I WON'T blow your house down" style of attacking play.

However, in a team that overall has shown great spirit this season, I just can't cope with his gutless and lazy approach to defending. The way that he bottles 50-50 challenges is an insult to his teammates ... and to the entire Toon Army.   

As for what's between his ears, frankly I couldn't give a rats (although I doubt he's next in line for a Chair at the Sorbonne); no, it's what's NOT in his heart that troubles me the most.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Thought Shola. Santon, Cabaya and Ba were good, the rest were all crap, can't believe how bad Jonas has been in the last 4 games.

He was anonymous against Chelsea, he literally did nothing in that match

What the f*** happend?  Was 1-1 when I went to pick my new baby up, then get home and it's 4-2 against the wurzals?

You've got a new baby?  Take it back, it's bad luck if today is anything to go by.

What the f*** happend?  Was 1-1 when I went to pick my new baby up, then get home and it's 4-2 against the wurzals?

two main things, the midfield failed to get hold of the ball, thus meaning we couldnt stop the wurzals from crossing the ball into the box

and then our defence couldnt deal with any of their crosses when it came in

not to mention gosling obertan were competely twats the whole game, so yeh  4-2 is kind to us really.

Simpson 7 - Looked quite commanding in open play, obviously struggled a bit from set pieces as is to be expected.

Perch 4.5 - Thick as mince but mainly just not good enough, albeit he was playing out of position. Not that he's much better at FB.

Santon 5.5 - Looks decent going forward and a bit ropey defending but today is hardly the ideal time to blood him.

Cabaye 7.5 - Lovely assist and was hampered by having to do the work of 2 players most of the game.

I agree with all of that, I thought Santon was too narrow at times when he could have stayed wider and I thought Krul might have came off his line a bit more to help claim some balls in the air considering we had little or no height in the middle of defence.

I'll have to watch it back but I don't think Krul could have done much more with the bulk of their crosses as they would have been too far for him to come and collect, not to mention the bodies that'd be between him and the ball. Norwich did this really well I thought, that and the overloading of the box from crosses was impressive. They're a decent team, no stars but ethic, discipline and workrate (plus the odd dash of quality) can get you where they want to be and I'd be happy for them to stay up.

I'll have to watch it back but I don't think Krul could have done much more with the bulk of their crosses as they would have been too far for him to come and collect, not to mention the bodies that'd be between him and the ball. Norwich did this really well I thought, that and the overloading of the box from crosses was impressive. They're a decent team, no stars but ethic, discipline and workrate (plus the odd dash of quality) can get you where they want to be and I'd be happy for them to stay up.

they play alot like when we did under CH,  two big lumps uptop nolan and carroll,  lots of wing play and crosses into the box, very direct attacking play.  simple but effective. especially against an opposition that has a defense made up of three fullbacks and a winger.

3 goals from set pieces, doesn't matter if your a natural CB or a RB you should still be able to stick with your man & defend a cross. They did nothing from open play where if you were going to have a problem with the positioning of a RB playing CB it would normally of been punished.

they play alot like when we did under CH,  two big lumps uptop nolan and carroll,  lots of wing play and crosses into the box, very direct attacking play.  simple but effective.

Aye, I was thinking that when I was walking back from Sainsburys before, they don't normally play 2 uptop though. Decent side.

they play alot like when we did under CH,  two big lumps uptop nolan and carroll,  lots of wing play and crosses into the box, very direct attacking play.  simple but effective.

Aye, I was thinking that when I was walking back from Sainsburys before, they don't normally play 2 uptop though. Decent side.

Posh bastard.

come on lads lets not get too down about this,

we played with a midfield that included two tosspots,  potato head and a gobling who couldnt pass a ball to save their lives,

then like thats not bad enough our defence were made up of 3 fullbacks and a midfielder, and their not even great fullbacks to begin with never mind centrebacks.

on to the next match.  :knuppel2:

Posh bastard.

:snod:

two main things, the midfield failed to get hold of the ball, thus meaning we couldnt stop the wurzals from crossing the ball into the box

and then our defence couldnt deal with any of their crosses when it came in

not to mention gosling obertan were competely twats the whole game, so yeh  4-2 is kind to us really.

We dealt with pretty much everything comfortably from open play, but set piece defending let us down

i dont think so, our midfield could not get hold of the ball,  we did well in the first 15-20 mins of play, the stats were like 70-30% posession in our favour, and then norwich just up thier game, they saw our weakness on our right side (obertan, raylor)  and exploited it, almost every attack came from that side in the first half.

gosling kept running out of position,  obertan was cutting in and at the same time santon kept overlapping and pushing up leaving jonas to do the fullback role,  our shape was horrible due to all this movement.,

so on both sides of our flank we were awful in terms of positional sense , and in the centre of midfleld we were often left with just one man (cabaye) as gosling went AWOL running around to no mans land.  so norwich basically had a field day exploiting our  disorganized disfunctional midfield, having all the time in the world to play balls in the box,  whilst our make shift back four failed miserable to cope when the balls got played in.

all in all a horrible day, of a game of football really.  :wales:

The negativity on here man :lol: one bad game in 15 with S.Taylor, Colo, Guthrie and Tiote out get a grip! Take some positives out the game: 2 sublime goals from Ba, no more injuries and we're still gunna be in the top 7 for a minimum of two games which gives us time to get Tiote and Colo back.

:thup:

The steel in our side (bar Cabaye) has pretty much been systematically stripped out. Not sure what people were expecting. It was perhaps the most predictable match of the season.

We showed superior footballing skill and finesse, but lacked any strength to compete. Take the top three centre backs out of any club in the Premiership, then send them to deal with Holt and co - good luck keeping that clean sheet.

I beg to differ.  :azn:

The negativity on here man :lol: one bad game in 15 with S.Taylor, Colo, Guthrie and Tiote out get a grip! Take some positives out the game: 2 sublime goals from Ba, no more injuries and we're still gunna be in the top 7 for a minimum of two games which gives us time to get Tiote and Colo back.

:thup:

The steel in our side (bar Cabaye) has pretty much been systematically stripped out. Not sure what people were expecting. It was perhaps the most predictable match of the season.

We showed superior footballing skill and finesse, but lacked any strength to compete. Take the top three centre backs out of any club in the Premiership, then send them to deal with Holt and co - good luck keeping that clean sheet.

I beg to differ.  :azn:

No Sandro or Parker, too. :razz: