Newcastle United Vs Swansea - 17/12/11 - Pre Match Thread

Fenham Mag

I rate Ba as one of the best strikers in the PL so it'll be interesting to see how Caulker copes with him.

Caulker's destined to go to the very top according to the Spurs coaches and still only 19.

Will be joining the Spurs first team squad next season a la Walker.

I thought we'd clarified in the past that the bibs mean nowt?  :lol:

Not necessarily, but they've got much better recently at mixing up the photos to not make it completely obvious. Hopefully someone has twigged that other clubs can use it as an easy way of guessing the line-up and has acted upon it. Any advantage helps, etc.

However, usually if you combine the training pictures with the spliced training footage from AP's press conferences, etc. you can get a fairly good idea of what the starting XI will be. Most recent big one was Sammy starting down at Man City, on the right.

If the bibs are to be believed, no Shola?

Again, just to bore people/clarify here: the bibs are by no means gospel, but it's looking at them in context that tends to give the answers.

Are they wearing them in a full-size practice game (important)? Are they wearing them during sprinting drills (throwaway, typically)? Is it a case of first-choice attack versus first-choice defence? What other players are in and around them/how are the players set up? Usually if you see a shot where Simpson is at RB, Obertan is at RM, Krul is in goal and so on you get a good idea of what sort of unit they're doing within a session and you know those are typically starting players.

Of course things are always liable to change in the immediacy before a game (sickness/recovery/injury, etc.) but they do still give a good idea of what the team might generally look like.

good to see williamson training, tbh even if he is looking rusty (i think of a s*** every time i think of that now thanks to someones 'rusty williamson' comment yesterday :lol: ) he's got to start as long as he's fit imo

tiote doesnt seem to be holding back at all so hopefully he doesn't have any reactions, we should have a club shaman if he plays saturday

finally, i wonder which of those expressions is cabaye's sex face

Guest Benarfanufc10

I don't like where the Ben Arfa situation seems to be heading.

The situation is clarified pardews not wants ben arfa . ;D ]

Pardew thinks obertan >ben arfa and all player jonas best shola lovenkrands sammy  :crazy2: Ben arfa should  put in a transfert request

f*** pardew and this team offensive bad kick and rush  O0

Norwich  > nufc in this game what a joke but ben arfa i dont play because i have play 3 games city very good mu good chelsea not ba not good  :cheesy:Pardew don't like ben arfa (example tevez mascherano)

Pardew thinks obertan >ben arfa and all player jonas best shola lovenkrands sammy  :crazy2: Ben arfa should  put in a transfert request

Norwich  > nufc in this game what a joke but ben arfa i dont play because i have play 3 games city very good mu good chelsea not ba not good  :cheesy:Pardew don't like ben arfa (example tevez mascherano)

« Last Edit: Today at 02:06:00 PM by Benarfanufc10 »

I have no fucking clue how that can be the edited version of your post.

Fucking well said. :clap:

:thup::thup: