James Tomkins

Dave

Guest elbee909

west ham hates us,  they will try to squeeze as much money out of ashley.  which wont happen, because ashley will not pay over the odds lol

karren brady writes,

"You'll remember Demba, the one who walked out on West Ham to join Newcastle? Before he walked, we were discussing a new deal and his agents wanted a buy-out clause. We never got that far.

I often wonder if he managed to get that in his Newcastle deal.

If he did, I hope Demba shows them more loyalty than he did to David Sullivan, who took a chance on him in the first place."

a very bitter hammer she is.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4029368/Karren-Bradys-football-diary.html

In the same dairy thing she started talking about one of her friends in football who was seeing someone but it turned out the girl he was seeing was actually married and she never told him. Anyway her friend told her all of this confidence and even though she didn't name him she gave brief clues to who he is and also actually broke his trust by telling the world about it in anyway.

She's just fucking milking it now like.

I got it. :lol:

west ham hates us,  they will try to squeeze as much money out of ashley.  which wont happen, because ashley will not pay over the odds lol

karren brady writes,

"You'll remember Demba, the one who walked out on West Ham to join Newcastle? Before he walked, we were discussing a new deal and his agents wanted a buy-out clause. We never got that far.

I often wonder if he managed to get that in his Newcastle deal.

If he did, I hope Demba shows them more loyalty than he did to David Sullivan, who took a chance on him in the first place."

a very bitter hammer she is.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4029368/Karren-Bradys-football-diary.html

In the same dairy thing she started talking about one of her friends in football who was seeing someone but it turned out the girl he was seeing was actually married and she never told him. Anyway her friend told her all of this confidence and even though she didn't name him she gave brief clues to who he is and also actually broke his trust by telling the world about it in anyway.

She's just f***ing milking it now like.

I got it. :lol:

Your being udderly ridiculous.

Please add a few millions and go for Mbiwa who can play RB as well, replace Simpson with him and if Williamson (who's been great) stops performing put him there and Simpson at RB. Dunno if Mbiwa would like to play RB though.

Is he really that bad? Seen a few say they hope we don't get him but despite a poor start to his premier league career (at around 20-21) he seems to have come on leaps and bounds in the championship according to the fans who watch him week in/week out. Sounds similar to a few of our players following our relegation :dontknow:

I don't think he's good enough to start for us, and we could get a lot better value for £5-6m or whatever he'd cost by not looking at English players which at least doubles the value. We sold the best left back in the league for that, the best defender in the league full stop cost that, as did Pique. If they were English you'd be looking at prices like Lescott (£24m) Jones (£16m) Smalling (£12m) Johnson (£17m) etc

I can understand the aversion to paying English prices, just seems some just don't want him full stop and was interested why having seen nothing of him this season and having no real memory of his performances last (unless a defender is REALLY shit I tend not to remember who they are, Cris for Leverkusen that time as an example of really shit).

Is he really that bad? Seen a few say they hope we don't get him but despite a poor start to his premier league career (at around 20-21) he seems to have come on leaps and bounds in the championship according to the fans who watch him week in/week out. Sounds similar to a few of our players following our relegation :dontknow:

Had a few mistakes highlighted on motd last season which makes him a bad defender.

Didn't we sell Dyer to West Ham for about £8m, Nolan for £4.5m and then got Ba for free, they must hate us! Although we did sell them Parker I suppose. 

Not seen enough of Tomkins, always talked about, seen him a few times and thought he was shit at SJP and indifferent in the other game I can remember (sunderland I think).  Uncle is a West Ham fan and raves about him, speaks really highly of him.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Is he really that bad?

He's not bad at all. :)

Good player with time on his side and the ability to play at right back.

It's not that Tomkins is bad, just that we can realistically get much better defenders for a similar price.

Can we though? We've bought a lot of worse defenders for bigger prices in the past.

Just because we've done worse doesn't mean it isn't still bad. Our recent transfers show that there is value in France and Holland, so for barely more we could get Pieters, Mbiwa, Douglas or even Samba. They'll be on our radar, so lets just go for one.

It's not that Tomkins is bad, just that we can realistically get much better defenders for a similar price.

Can we though? We've bought a lot of worse defenders for bigger prices in the past.

Just because we've done worse doesn't mean it isn't still bad. Our recent transfers show that there is value in France and Holland, so for barely more we could get Pieters, Mbiwa, Douglas or even Samba. They'll be on our radar, so lets just go for one.

Young + Highly Rated + English = potentially high sell on value. I get the impression we'd rather sign Tomkins for around the £4m mark than someone like Pieters, for example.

Pieters I am a bit wary of, didn't they want about £7m and he wasn't that highly rated by those that had seen him a fair bit.

Might be being a bit cynical but would people prefer certain other players because they aren't English?  :undecided:

Fatheed was ranting on about this in his column in tonight's Evening Standard.

Said reports of Tomkins handing in a transfer request were bollocks, lad's going nowhere, then made some valid points about the absurdity of the transfer window tbf.

Pieters I am a bit wary of, didn't they want about £7m and he wasn't that highly rated by those that had seen him a fair bit.

Might be being a bit cynical but would people prefer certain other players because they aren't English?  :undecided:

There's always been that young+english markup on players so they don't really represent value for money but beyond that and how the player would affect our homegrown numbers I don't really care about their nationality.