James Tomkins

Dave

6_AaronLee Aaron Lee

2.5 mill for tomkins f*** off pardew hes better then any center half at newcastle thats a p*ss take

sewellyy James Sewell

@6_AaronLee Tomkins better than Coloccini? No.

6_AaronLee Aaron Lee

@Sewellyy yea i think hes better dont rate him hes a p*ss poor puyol look alike

:jones:

This Aaron Lee's tweets :dowie:

6_AaronLee Aaron Lee

2.5 mill for tomkins f*** off pardew hes better then any center half at newcastle thats a p*ss take

sewellyy James Sewell

6_AaronLee Aaron Lee

West Ham fans sure are a...unique bunch :yao:

Someone actually thinks Tomkins is better than Colo? Classic football fan arrogance, if he plays for your team he's mint, if he plays for someone else he's not so good. Bit like FIFA's stats, someone signs for a mint team, oh wait, they must be good, lets give him a stats boost, and vice-versa (See Sessegnon).

:lol:

Someone actually thinks Tomkins is better than Colo? Classic football fan arrogance, if he plays for your team he's mint, if he plays for someone else he's not so good. Bit like FIFA's stats, someone signs for a mint team, oh wait, they must be good, lets give him a stats boost, and vice-versa (See Sessegnon).

:lol:

Exactly. I mean, look at Tony Hibbert. I'm always going to defend someone like that.

6_AaronLee Aaron Lee

sewellyy James Sewell

6_AaronLee Aaron Lee

West Ham fans sure are a...unique bunch :yao:

I too would resort to hallucinatory drugs if my team was managed by Sam Allardyce.

But as said, Wham fans seem to really rate him. I thought he was pish in the prem, but maybe he's matured.

He'd be excellent with Colo. An example of a young, talented centre half struggled by being paired with s***. Steven Taylor being the classic example.

Funny Taylor managed to look bad alongside Coloccini last season. As usual it's always somebody else's fault.

what utter crap. no doubt you knew i was going to post that.

may i cast your mind back to the relegation season when colo was s**** with no matter who he was partnered with, soft on the ball, soft in the challange, bad decisions, poor on the ball. even at the start of the championship season taylor was the pick of the centre halves (who even then continued to gift poor teams chances they couldn't take). it wasn't until midway through the season that colo woke up to english football and started the improvement that has finished up with him as he is now.

when taylor came back from injury he looked a bit rusty (nowhere near as bad as colo in his first premier season mind) but then settled in to play well, especially toward the end of the season.

What's this revisionist history? :yuno: Colo was good up until Xmas time of the relegation season, where he'd played every minute of every match in an utterly woeful team, bereft of any confidence, leadership (KK) or tactics (JFK). It's not rocket science to understand that his performance was going to drop off, given the above and that it was his first taste of English football - the Liverpool home game seemed to be the straw that broke the camel's back, he dropped right off for a few weeks after that. No surprise, given that he was torn a new one by Gerrard.

There's a popular myth going around that says Colo was s**** in his first season and only 'learnt' how to play in England during the Championship - I suspect this is perpetuated by the section of our support who wrote him off during his first 18months ("fuckin' s**** foreigner, get rid") and have now done a complete 180 :shifty:

when does a popular myth become the accepted truth ? also people haven't done a 180 if they say, he was poor but has become very good...............only mugs say that players ARE shit. we should know this more than others with the number of ressurections we've had.

West Ham fan on Twitter trying to tell me he's better than Coloccini. (any of our CBs, infact)  :scared:

My boss over the summer (Man Utd fan) told me this too. I laughed in his face and he came out with the usual 'Coloccini is shite' guff and Tomkins looked class last season. Couldn't believe he was been serious so had to ask him the next day if he genuinely meant it and he said he did. Ignorance at its finest. Also sheer blindness at its best too, not sure which Tomkins he'd been watching.

Spot on Madras, that was my gripe with Ba. It's easy to say now "well he was shit at the time" but the comments didn't seem to suggest there was time for him to prove them wrong, it was just "he's shit/shocking/still Ramadan?" Etc..

God this guy gets worse.

6_AaronLee Aaron Lee

@

@Sewellyy yea what about how great he was when he first turned up took him to go to the championship get going

6_AaronLee Aaron Lee

@Sewellyy tomkins was decent in the premier league had a few bad moments but who aint coloccini was another upson when newcastle went down

:jesuswept:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Newcastle-transfer-gossip-Selling-James-Tomkins-would-be-suicide-says-West-Ham-boss-Sam-Allardyce-article843288.html

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce believes the club will make a big mistake if they sell highly-rated defender James Tomkins to Newcastle in January.

Alan Pardew is a big admirer of the ex-England Under-21 defender and has already seen a £2.5million offer rejected this week.

Newcastle are expected to come back with an improved offer in January.

With Winston Reid ruled out with a long-term shoulder injury, Allardyce has got only two fit central defenders left in his squad and feels their promotion hopes may fall by the wayside if they let Tomkins leave next month.

Allardyce said: “There is no intention to sell James Tomkins, as far as I am concerned. We would be committing suicide if we sold him at this moment.”