Favourite non Toon Premier League Player

MyPalAl

He's not had the greatest of seasons, and his faults are glaring, but Rooney is probably my favourite.

After him, Modric - a little matador who can create something from nothing.

I can't pick a Man City or Chelsea player, because of what their clubs stand for. It clouds the way I view their players.

I'd say David Silva, but having watched him a long time in La Liga I'll go for somebody different and say Aaron Ramsey. Hugely impressed me this season.

He's another I like. Got to admit I tend to be a bit of a fanboy for lightweight Arsenal players until they become shit. Rosicky and Arshavin are absolute turds these days but I liked them before and at the start of their Arsenal careers.

Always liked Hleb too, even when he was mind-numbingly inneffectual.

Guest Howaythetoon

I have to say, I love watching Rooney play when he's on form. The way he strokes the ball, drops deep, links up play and just the manner of his game, it all oozes class. He can play anywhere that lad. I remember against Stoke he was at left-back and pingned a 70-yard ball forward to someone's feet, this after tracking back to win the ball. No-one on the pitch saw that pass, but he did.

I love watching Ya Ya Toure too. People (rightly) rave about Silva but Toure is City's actual playmaker, so mucg goes through him. Last night for example, someone squares the ball to him and he simply guides it with the outside of his foot into the channel for Augero to run onto, he didn't even look at his team-mate or the space, he just guided the ball there instinctively. Such a classy player on the ball.

I quite enhoy Milner as well, an honest industrious player with a bit of skill. He runs his socks off at either end and has become a really good player since leaving Newcastle. Never world-class but very good all the same.

My number one favourite non Toon player to watch this current season, however, would be Nani. I like his bag of tricks kind of approach to wing play and his directness. He gets the ball and runs at his man, and when he sees an opening, he'll shoot. You don't see that too often these days in a winger or even a forward. He reminds me of Ginola in a way. Its like he wants to entertain the fans, take the piss out of his opponent and win at the same time, without compromising on the entertainment side.

The game needs players like that and all too often when a player which such skill and unpredictability emmerges they are often forced to change their game into a more conservative or polished one ala Rooney and to some extent Ronaldo at Real Madrid who despite his amazing goalscoring record and match winning performances, is not the exciting winger he once was. Rooney is great to watch but is he exciting these days!?

Looking at all the players in the Premier League there are very few that excite you quite like a Nani (for me anyway). In fact I'd say only true wingers can excite in that way. Think back to Ginola or Giggs in his prime or even Gillespie. Players that get the ball, run, do tricks and generally try to beat their man. I think such players are a dying breed these days either because such players just aren't being produced these days or such players are being transformed into some other kind of player.

I'd fucking love Nani at Newcastle or a player like him. Adam Johnson for example. Its sad that he can't get a game for Man City. I know a few City fans and he excites them as much as any at their club be it Balotelli or Silva when he's on the ball because they know he'll look to run at his man, produce an array of tricks and when he sees the goal, aim to shoot. Too many these days fanny on (Obertan) or try to be too intricate (Nasri) in their wing play.

Still like Bellamy. Watching MOTD thinking how he's still a great, underrated player. Brilliant little all-round forward: good technique, still pacey, great eye for a pass, can cross, good at dead balls, and intelligent (on the pitch).

Still like Bellamy. Watching MOTD thinking how he's still a great, underrated player. Brilliant little all-round forward: good technique, still pacey, great eye for a pass, can cross, good at dead balls, and intelligent (on the pitch).

He's not even particularly fast anymore but his movement and overall play is top notch. Still class. Doesn't count as non-toon to me though.

Toure's a good shout. Would it be wrong to say he's a better Vieira? He's a top class technical player but his physicality is highly entertaining. Those powerful runs from midfield with or without the ball.

I've enjoyed watching Spurs front 5 this season.

Lennox - Modric - Bale

VDV

Adebayor

He's not even particularly fast anymore but his movement and overall play is top notch. Still class. Doesn't count as non-toon to me though.

Toure's a good shout. Would it be wrong to say he's a better Vieira? He's a top class technical player but his physicality is highly entertaining. Those powerful runs from midfield with or without the ball.

I've enjoyed watching Spurs front 5 this season.

Lennox - Modric - Bale

VDV

Adebayor

Aye, she has been particularly good since she left the Eurythmics  :D

I'd say David Silva, but having watched him a long time in La Liga I'll go for somebody different and say Modric, who I have always loved, and an honorable mention for Aaron Ramsey. Hugely impressed me this season.

VI knows the score.

I like Jamie O'Hara's attitude on the pitch and think he is underrated for what he does.

:clap:

I think his attitude off the pitch is good too. He could have stayed with us as a squad player (I'd have been happy) but wanted to play.

I'm a little surprised nobody has said VDV. He just reminds me of a classy park player, so aware of everything around him and a magic left foot. Plus a bit of attitude, does what he wants on the pitch and rarely finishes a game. I can easily see him going down the pub after the game for a fag and a beer. And a spliff.

BAE would be my favourite, but I'm disqualified from picking him.

For the footy, it has to be Silva. I love Berbatov and Carrick for the languid grace, hate RVP because he's Arsenal (and a bit of a twat). Like Fletcher at Wolves and Holden at Bolton for cleverness, Yaya Toure for being just fantastic.