Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

If HBA himself is saying he's not fully fit then i can't see there being a problem. I've always been saying I think it'll be next season before he's fully up to speed so I can't criticise Pardew too much if it's a fitness issue, it's a hard case to argue though after he started against the two manchesters and chelsea.

"I think I'm just coming near to 100 per cent after my injury. I feel sharp and I feel good."

A problem for HBA and that No10 role in a 4-4-2 is that it does demand a lot of energy and fitness. Beardsley and Bellamy used to run their cods off every game. It doesn't look like Hatem is there yet, and perhaps ultimately it's not his optimum position. At some stage, I'd like to see him wide in a 4-3-3.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01389/eric-cantona_1389972c.jpg

Bergkamp n all. If you've the talent to make things happen from nothing for the good of the team then running around like a blue arsed fly is not of importance.

It's the classic northern European issue, preferring braun and effort over ability and nous.

If HBA himself is saying he's not fully fit then i can't see there being a problem. I've always been saying I think it'll be next season before he's fully up to speed so I can't criticise Pardew too much if it's a fitness issue, it's a hard case to argue though after he started against the two manchesters and chelsea.

"I think I'm just coming near to 100 per cent after my injury. I feel sharp and I feel good."

was just referring to someone saying it's in the chronicle tonight  :)

believe me, I want this guy in the team, willing to give the benefit of the doubt for a while though.

Guest hatem garrincha

I've got a horrible feeling theres something not right between Ben Arfa and Pardew. hopefully wrong like.

I don't know if there's something wrong between them, but I've got the feeling Pardew is not ready to forgive one or two Hatem bad game in the future.

I've got a horrible feeling theres something not right between Ben Arfa and Pardew. hopefully wrong like.

I don't know if there's something wrong between them, but I've got the feeling Pardew is not ready to forgive one or two Hatem bad game in the future.

He hasnt even had any particularly bad games tbf. It was just something about the way they interacted with eachother at the final whistle. Probably reading into nowt like.

Guest hatem garrincha

He hasnt even had any particularly bad games tbf. It was just something about the way they interacted with eachother at the final whistle. Probably reading into nowt like.

How was it ?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/12/27/hatem-ben-arfa-that-goal-is-for-the-fans-72703-30016023/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

“I want to make something clear. I am nearly 100% fit and if I play then I will show more to the fans – and more to the club.

“I heard the fans singing my name before I came on. It feels really good.

“The game at Bolton was very nice for me and I am so happy to see us pick up three important points.

“Everything the team did at Bolton was brilliant.”

Ben Arfa converted Ryan Taylor’s left-wing cross just minutes after replacing Leon Best, and he was keen to dedicate the strike to the loyal United support.

He added: “I was very happy to see the ball hit the back of the net. The main thing for me was to see the fans reacting behind the goal.

“That was the most pleasing thing – it was a goal not just for me but them also.

“It was really comforting to see the fans applauding me at the end too.”

Ben Arfa joked the strike was his belated Christmas present to the fans who had kept faith in him throughout his injury and rehabilitation.

The French talisman said: “It was the perfect occasion to score and get my first goal of the season.

“I was surprised to see so many fans come all the way to Bolton for this game.”

Ben Arfa has been a man of few words, but wants to pick up where he left off at Bolton when the Magpies visit Anfield on Friday night.

Even after being informed that Newcastle’s woeful record at Liverpool in the Premier League stretches back to 1994, Ben Arfa said: “We feel we can travel there and get three points again. It is very possible.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/12/27/hatem-ben-arfa-that-goal-is-for-the-fans-72703-30016023/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1hjwsgO6F

A problem for HBA and that No10 role in a 4-4-2 is that it does demand a lot of energy and fitness. Beardsley and Bellamy used to run their cods off every game. It doesn't look like Hatem is there yet, and perhaps ultimately it's not his optimum position. At some stage, I'd like to see him wide in a 4-3-3.

In tests, turned out to be Man U's fittest player.

Guest hatem garrincha

“I want to make something clear. I am nearly 100% fit and if I play then I will show more to the fans – and more to the club.

It sound like an answer to Pardew's comments  :lol:

was just referring to someone saying it's in the chronicle tonight  :)

believe me, I want this guy in the team, willing to give the benefit of the doubt for a while though.

I am nearly 100% fit

Bergkamp n all. If you've the talent to make things happen from nothing for the good of the team then running around like a blue arsed fly is not of importance.

It's the classic northern European issue, preferring braun and effort over ability and nous.

Whilst that's true they were both components of significantly better teams and as such could afford to fit in players of that ilk. They were both fairly hard workers mind from what I remember.

Great goal yesterday, delighted he's off the mark this season and once again there was those glimpses of what he is all about.

That said you can see what AP is talking about...He lost the ball quite a few times although nothing came of it and for me he doesnt cover enough ground neither. I think the latter statement is why AP isnt starting him.

Maybe Barfa is still working on his stamina to cover ground for 80-90mins and when his stats reflect this then he will be given a start consistently.

AP loves his stats and it is a good way of looking at your side but with a "maverick" kind of player then there is exceptions and Barfa is just that. He is a game changer and should be starting behind Ba.

As did all of the other players, especially Best so don't understand why when Ben Arfa loses the ball it gets highlighted yet Best losing it does not raise the same level of concern

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/newcastle-united-manager-alan-pardew-congratulates-hatem-news-photo/136113847

Pardew literally wanting a kiss from Ben arfa but think HBA wasn't ok for it... :lol:

both look in high spirits there tbf. what I will say for Pardew is at least he's been praising HBA in press conferences as well as the odd bit of criticism, could be the right way to go when getting the lad back to fitness.

Great goal yesterday, delighted he's off the mark this season and once again there was those glimpses of what he is all about.

That said you can see what AP is talking about...He lost the ball quite a few times although nothing came of it and for me he doesnt cover enough ground neither. I think the latter statement is why AP isnt starting him.

Maybe Barfa is still working on his stamina to cover ground for 80-90mins and when his stats reflect this then he will be given a start consistently.

AP loves his stats and it is a good way of looking at your side but with a "maverick" kind of player then there is exceptions and Barfa is just that. He is a game changer and should be starting behind Ba.

As did all of the other players, especially Best so don't understand why when Ben Arfa loses the ball it gets highlighted yet Best losing it does not raise the same level of concern

Best has been heavily criticised for his recent form

Guest optimistic nit

MOTD commentator said he couldn't miss ???

Superb finish - adjusted his body and hit a high ball in a way very few players can.

they obviously haven't been watching liverpool lately.

MOTD commentator said he couldn't miss ???

Superb finish - adjusted his body and hit a high ball in a way very few players can.

Good players make tricky things look very easy. Pity the MOTD commentator doesn't appear to appreciate that.