Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest neesy111

Agreed. Let's play Obertan instead. Or Smith. Or someone from the U12s.

Still doesn't excuse that he did fuck all on the pitch though and lost it whenever he got it.

He cut Man City apart, won a penalty at Old Trafford which got us a point and scored a key, class goal at Bolton.

Other than Ba, if you can tell me an NUFC player who has been this effective lately I'd love to know.

That doesn't mean he's played well.

I wouldn't look at him as a scapegoat at all, no , but when I'm told he's one of your best players I'm failing to see it[/lolyesthatgoalhahaha]

This is how Pardew's trying to win the ego battle though, sending him on in impossible situations like at Anfield when you've had the team playing like frightened kittens for an hour, starting him against the three best sides in the land then leaving him out against Norwich, Swansea and West Brom because he's "not fit". Bet him scoring at Bolton proper ruined Pardew's Christmas.

:kinnear:

:lol: christ, calm down Parky :lol:

Have we reached depth con nine yet?

I reckon he had a falling out with Pardew at half time in the Chelsea match, seems madness that he didn't start any of the so-called easier games that followed. Was pretty anonymous in that game and got taken off at the break, hasn't gotten a start since.

Doubt we'll see him against Man U, if he doesn't start in the cup we may as well give up.

It is just protection. You guys think too much.  Ramsay rarely had much playing time for the first few months after recovering from the injury.

Said it before here - when a player is not fully adapted to such a physical game, it is very dangerous since he doesn't know how to protect himself by correctly anticipating tackles.  That's why he got a broken leg from De Jong - such tackle won't exist in France.  It's obvious to me that HBA is stilling learning the EPL games and giving him time to play in every matches, especially when the opponent is starting to wear down, isn't that much a problem to me.

Why not just have a little bit patience for the manager and the players, after such a long disastrous period since the hiring of Souness? This is just our 2nd season after promotion FFS.

I really don't understand the Ben Arfa love on this forum. Once again he did nothing last night. I actually think he was in some sense worse than Vukcic (Ben Arfa was very slightly better going forward) as his pressing and tracking was very poor.

To be honest I'm more annoyed with Ben Arfa than Pardew. He's had a couple of months now to sort the defensive side of his game as he hasn't done it. This teams success this season has been in everybody working together (even Obertan tracks back despite him being crap going forward) and Ben Arfa seems reluctant to pull his weight.

I really don't understand the Ben Arfa love on this forum. Once again he did nothing last night. I actually think he was in some sense worse than Vukcic (Ben Arfa was very slightly better going forward) as his pressing and tracking was very poor.

To be honest I'm more annoyed with Ben Arfa than Pardew. He's had a couple of months now to sort the defensive side of his game as he hasn't done it. This teams success this season has been in everybody working together (even Obertan tracks back despite him being crap going forward) and Ben Arfa seems reluctant to pull his weight.

He did nothing because he had very little chance to do anything and you cannot comment on his tracking because you do not know what role Ben Arfa was player.  He might have been instructed to sit in the gap and not track players...

How do you know he hasn't sorted his 'defensive side'?  Do you know something more than the rest of us?

He did nothing because he had very little chance to do anything and you cannot comment on his tracking because you do not know what role Ben Arfa was player.  He might have been instructed to sit in the gap and not track players...

How do you know he hasn't sorted his 'defensive side'?  Do you know something more than the rest of us?

Do you think it is a coincidence that he is the only player who doesn't track players or press the ball and he is the player (despite him being talented going forward) who doesn't start?

He needs to start a run of games to have a proper impact and he's too good to be sitting on the bench when you consider Jonas/Obertan are offering absolutely nowt at the moment. Either play him off the striker or give him a run on the wing although the second option clearly isn't going to happen. Pardew is going to have to change something though because it's not like he's got the option of freshening things up with new players.

Did absolutely nothing when he came on.

Compared to Obertan who did absolutely nothing till he came off [in the 84th minute, so he had over 3 times more minutes on the pitch]. And compared to all other 6 or 7 NUFC players on the pitch, who were only chasing the ball time and again and did not do anything positive at all.

Do you think it is a coincidence that he is the only player who doesn't track players or press the ball and he is the player (despite him being talented going forward) who doesn't start?

Does Obertan chase his opponents? There were a few f***ing moments yesterday when he stood watching and did nothing to prevent the L'pool player go past him. If you missed that moments, do watch the match again.

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

if you can watch the match

you will see that trying to make solution stand

if you can watch the match

you will see that trying to make solution stand

Think I understand your post.  But yeah Stozo, it could be a coincidence.  Stop assuming.

Yes I saw Obertan tracking back very diligently, but I can't recall even one tackle he put in at the end of it. Liverpool were dominating the wide areas all night, overlapping at will and winging in crosses that Carroll inevitably missed. For all his tracking back Obertan might as well have been a spectator.

Alreet Big Sam?

Worst post of the year? Having a go at a player with no playing time while defending probably the most effortless-talentless player in the starting XI while also arguing that he doesnt defend while not playing in a defensive position?

That period between 50-60 minutes, when we were keeping the ball on the deck, that was when the team needed Ben Arfa the most. Vuckic frequently received the ball in "the hole", and had he been the type of player who could exploit the time and space he was afforded during this part of the game (with Liverpool being relatively open too), who knows what might have happened.

Liverpool scored, and then stepped up a gear, straight after Ben Arfa came on, whilst we then reverted to "scared of the ball" football. He never stood a chance.

Tonight was a reminder of what can happen when you let a manager do what he likes with your prize assets simply because he doesn't like them.

Craig Bellamy should have been playing for Newcastle for the last ten years and we are still suffering from letting that cunt give him away for peanuts. The worst irony is that Souness will be delighted that his beloved Liverpool have won tonight.

If we let Pardew keep this shit up it'll be just as big a mistake.

The real shame will be when Pardew inevitably forces Ben Arfa out by refusing to start him over players like Obertan and Vuckic, then Pardew gets the sack and we bring in a manager who might've given him a proper chance.