Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Initially i thought he'd misplaced a pass to Cisse on approach to the box. When i saw the replay from behind, it was never in his head - it was actually a fucking tremendous touch that out-foxed two centre-backs. Just unreal.

Love how we score at least one brilliant goal every week these days. :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Today's goal made Crouch's look like a tap in.

I have a mate who was arguing that goals like Crouch's (while amazing) aren't as spectacular as the dizzy dribbling runs that Messi scores from. His thought was that anyone can hit a ball sweetly 1 in 100 attempts and score like that, but not everyone can dribble through 4-5 players and finish calmly.

I have a mate who was arguing that goals like Crouch's (while amazing) aren't as spectacular as the dizzy dribbling runs that Messi scores from. His thought was that anyone can hit a ball sweetly 1 in 100 attempts and score like that, but not everyone can dribble through 4-5 players and finish calmly.

I see the argument, but to me, it's a bit twisted to compare goals like that and try and decide what's better. Both are absolutely sensational and wonderful to see.

I was going to say "in a league where Stoke City are allowed to score goals and win games, it seems harsh to compare moments of individual brilliance,  you just need to enjoy it". It's a pity Crouch scored that goal in a sodding Stoke shirt. :lol: They don't deserve to score goals like that!

I agree with that, i also prefer quick passing flowing team moves than goals like Crouch's aswell.

Can someone please change the title to Hatem Ben Arfa, "the second best player in the world". I don't want to take the p*ss.

Nah he's level with Shola as the best player in the world.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I see the argument, but to me, it's a bit twisted to compare goals like that and try and decide what's better. Both are absolutely sensational and wonderful to see.

I was going to say "in a league where Stoke City are allowed to score goals and win games, it seems harsh to compare moments of individual brilliance,  you just need to enjoy it". It's a pity Crouch scored that goal in a sodding Stoke shirt. :lol: They don't deserve to score goals like that!

Alreet, Ray Wilkins, calm down.

Few months ago some people here thought his career was finished at SJP.

:memelol:

Could you imagine if it went on until the end of the season and he left, then produced this form for a new club!

:fuuu: