Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/hawksbee-and-jacobs/120410/auclair-ben-arfa-was-seen-unmanageable-france-169344?

Ben Arfa talk begins at the 3:25 mark - high praise for the club, Pardew, and the fans in the handling of Ben Arfa.

So we now paid 2million quid for him :lol:

thanks for the link :thup:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/hawksbee-and-jacobs/120410/auclair-ben-arfa-was-seen-unmanageable-france-169344?

Ben Arfa talk begins at the 3:25 mark - high praise for the club, Pardew, and the fans in the handling of Ben Arfa.

Lovely stuff.

This needs to go on the Pardew thread too.

At the time I'm sure it was £5m but maybe due to the bad leg break we re-negoiated the terms as he was signed whilst injured...

Noticed more and more media sources are quoting the £2m purchase price... What a snip!

At the time I'm sure it was £5m but maybe due to the bad leg break we re-negoiated the terms as he was signed whilst injured...

Noticed more and more media sources are quoting the £2m purchase price... What a snip!

Aye it was in the sun last week i just assumed it was wrong.

I went to Notts Forest away in September which was obviously his first game back after the injury and that goal yesterday reminded me of a moment in the second half in that game and also what I posted afterwards, not knowing loads about the player since I don't watch much foreign football and mainly going off what I saw that night.

Speaks volumes that even those who went to match forgot that Guthrie played. :lol:

:lol:

That's really harsh and way off the mark.

Definitely.  I think Guthrie did alright last night, was more involved than Abeid.  Impressed that he managed to put in 120 minutes after not having played for so long.

Anyway it was a funny one last night.  Goals aside you'd have to say it was a fairly drab match and there wasn't much pattern to the play from either side. 

Ben Arfa was brilliant, I really don't think I'm overreacting here (:lol:) - he was quite quiet for the first 15 minutes but then he started getting on the ball a bit more.  The guy is so comfortable on the ball, it always looks like there's nobody anywhere near him because he has such a confident air about him while in possession.  There was a moment in the second half when he drifted past 3 or 4 players before encountering their last man - on that occasion he opted to pass (to Lovenkrands I think) but with a few more games under his belt I think he'll just go for it himself in situations like that.  Another thing I liked was that he wasn't afraid to come deep to find the ball when he got fed up of standing and waiting for it.  With a few players around him that have movement and intelligence (and we do have a couple) I'm just really excited to see this kid ingratiate himself in our side now.  In summary, he's the fucking dog's bollocks.

Ratings: Elliott 6, Simpson 6, Coloccini 8 (MOTM, looked solid and classy after an early wobble, kept Perch out of trouble, scored the winner), Perch 6, Ferguson 6, Gosling 5, Abeid 6, Guthrie 6, Marveaux 7, Lovenkrands 7, Ben Arfa 8 (subs Obertan 7, Sammy 6, Shola 6).

Special mention to the kids behind us that were absolutely thick as mince.  As soon as they got to their seats they opened (yes, opened!) with "McClaren is a paedo".  Mere mortals would be discouraged by this chant not catching on despite 100 attempts at starting it (they even changed the melody to the Sammy Ameobi song halfway through, presumably to take advantage of its popularity) but no, these lads continued this long into extra time and I imagine long into the Nottingham night.  Persistence outstanding, brains non-existent.

The bit in bold is evidence of what he was trying in his first game back when he looked rusty but a class above anyone else on the field, I'm glad that he's now back to the stage where he'll just run past players and go for goal himself as he has done against Blackburn and now Bolton.

Someone who sits near me f***ing hates him, every week he just sits and criticises him. Does my head right in and after his goal yesterday when it had all calmed down he turns to his mate and goes "fluke" :lol:

Hope you gave him a slap. He shouldn't even be allowed to watch football tbh.

Agreed.

That would piss me off something terrible if I had to put up with that every week.

Funny that when the old "Ginola or Robert" debates came up, the two camps were Ginola for his flair and ability, or Robert for his end product. Well after not even 30 games he's already level with Ginola, I imagine has a similar ratio in open play to Robert, and has just as much ability if not more. He's like some sort of sexual, fucking brilliant hybrid of the two.

Funny that when the old "Ginola or Robert" debates came up, the two camps were Ginola for his flair and ability, or Robert for his end product. Well after not even 30 games he's already level with Ginola, I imagine has a similar ratio in open play to Robert, and has just as much ability if not more. He's like some sort of sexual, fucking brilliant hybrid of the two.

Although with worse set pieces.

Just let Cabaye take them.

I love how he's becoming central to the team now, gets some claim on free kicks and corners. Thought he put in an alright performance up until the goal, he seemed a bit reluctant to drift and show for the ball (perhaps the more rigid formation) and run at them and force the issue but when he finally did, it yielded results.

In games like that, he really needs to be encouraged to have the ball as much as possible and take the game by the scruff of the neck and it was good to see him try similar just minutes later. He's going to be massive for us in terms of breaking down defensively minded teams and it seems he's finally becoming the creative heartbeat we've craved. Great stuff.